PDA

View Full Version : about NPC's

addar
08-17-2002, 08:42 PM
I seem to have a weird problem. My eqemu runs just fine and I can login and everything but there are no NPC's or mobs anywhere, how do I put them in the zone? Also any explanation for going LD every once in a while with no warning?

Aspirax
08-18-2002, 12:56 AM
If you loaded a database, it's possible you are attempting to use an unpopulated zone.

Remember, this is beta, not everything works. :)

addar
08-18-2002, 11:38 AM
What about this damn LD problem. Now it seems everytime I login I'm LD immediatly upon entering the world...I dont know about you guys but it is very very VERY annoying to do all that damn loading then POOF "YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED" and then be staring at my damn desktop or the char select screen. How do you fix this problem? I can't do anything anymore I can't even stay in game.

Trumpcard
08-18-2002, 11:49 AM
Tried up'ing your datarate to 10 yet?

Aspirax
08-18-2002, 12:40 PM
You could be getting disconnected for a couple reasons.

1) that zone doesn't work right.
2) your zone servers are set up wrong
3) something amiss with your character.

I've experienced all 3 :)

1) Create a new character in a different zone.
Does it work? If 'No' goto 2.
If 'yes', delete your other characters, and try again.

2) When you run the zone servers make sure the first IP address is your ISP provided IP address. The second IP must be the IP that the world server is running on.

3) Delete you characters and recreate them.

When I had my zone servers misconfgured I was unable to use the characters created with them misconfigured even after I fixed them. I had to delete and start them again.

Shawn319
08-18-2002, 03:00 PM
You could be getting disconnected for a couple reasons.

1) that zone doesn't work right.
2) your zone servers are set up wrong
3) something amiss with your character.

I've experienced all 3 :)

1) Create a new character in a different zone.
Does it work? If 'No' goto 2.
If 'yes', delete your other characters, and try again.

2) When you run the zone servers make sure the first IP address is your ISP provided IP address. The second IP must be the IP that the world server is running on.

3) Delete you characters and recreate them.

When I had my zone servers misconfgured I was unable to use the characters created with them misconfigured even after I fixed them. I had to delete and start them again.

Thats exactly what i would say.. only problem is 1 and 3 are the same hehe.

Aspirax
08-18-2002, 03:23 PM
Only if the answer is 'Yes' to #1.

But it's a good idea, none the less :)

addar
08-19-2002, 08:19 PM
ok what about this one. I made a dark elf necromancer in neriak and I actually got in the game. However after playing around for about 10 to 15 minutes with no problems I suddenly go link dead. Then either find myself at the char select screen or at my desktop. Also is there currently a bug with zoning? everytime I attempt to zone I crash to desktop. When I look at the log screen the last thing that happened was the server attempted to delete my character from the previous zone. I think its having a problem deleting the char from the zone you are comming from. Something else strange. I made a vah shir to start in shar vahl and my char spawned like 100 feet above the zone and fell to his death so there is no way I can login to that character lol.

Aspirax
08-19-2002, 11:39 PM
There is definitely a problem with zoning. I think I read on one of the message boards someone was working on it.

I'm not sure, confirmation would be great.

As far as the spawn points, I had a similiar problem with Greather Farthing (Or whateverthehellit'scalled) but didn't die.

You can edit these spawn points yourself, if you wish to mess with things a bit. I could be wrong (happens ALOT) but check out the admin tool (EQemu Admin) because it has a tab for spawns, and player spawns might be included. You could lower the 'Z' value but 100 or something like that and see if it helps.

Karmine
08-30-2002, 04:51 AM
I d/c alot too, I just decided to wander from server to server untill I found one that works for me, found 4 so far, and though it is annoying, like they said, it's still in beta in time everything will be normal, I hope.