PDA

View Full Version : MiniLogin issues

tibor
06-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi

I am a noob coming along with the whole private server on my machine. I have everything set up and running nicely but it seems I am not understanding something about MiniLogin. I have done all the steps to set up the LoginServer.ini and modify the eqemu_config.xml files. I am running the login server on my LAN IP rather than 127.0.0.1. I have also adjusted the variables table and account tables accordingly.

I have a couple of problems going on at this point. First, since I am running everything from the same machine, it seems that it all ignores a user name and password from the accounts table. It goes directly to the characters I created regardless of what user name I put in.. Second, which is basically a followup to the first problem.. I have created another account that i would like to use as a standard account to play on. It has been placed correctly into the accounts table but if I enter that account in to EQ, it still takes me to the characters I created on what I thought was my first account.

I dont recall if EQ traditionally stores the character info in the userdata folder under account subfolders or not, but if it doesn't then that is not a concern of the problem.

But is it possible to have 2 accounts on the same ip? Seems like something would be triggered if I didn't enter in the correct info that I have stored in the accounts table. Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

Shendare
06-06-2009, 04:19 PM
You're running into a limitation in the way Minilogin works. Minilogin completely ignores the username and password you type in. It logs you in solely based on the IP address you're coming from.

So, if you want to use two different accounts from the same IP address, you'll have to update the Accounts table in the database each time you want to switch accounts, to make sure the correct account has your IP address listed in it.

- Shendare

leslamarch
06-06-2009, 04:31 PM
to be honest with you, you are much better off using this (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27786&highlight=private+login)instead of that minilogin.

tibor
06-06-2009, 04:32 PM
Cool, thanks

was hoping it was a little more flexible. Guess I will give eqemu.devnoob.come a shot.

Thanks for the quick reply