PDA

View Full Version : item dmg bonus based on dmg type vs body type

caylah023
06-13-2009, 09:18 PM
i know this might be a bit of an old school idea but i was wondering if there was a way to implement dmg bonus for weapons against certain body types.

for instance blunt weapons doing more dmg to skellies then to say earth elementals and peiercing weapons doing crap for dmg against skellies but being great against fleshy's

like i siad old school idea but thought it would be kewl if it could be implemented.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-13-2009, 11:44 PM
would take a tremendous codding effort which even me, with my love for customization would not approve, since you have to make these feature with a Rule to turn them on and off, since not everyone will agree exactly which weapon should have bonus vs which body type. As a GM of table top DnD style games, I some times have ocasions when game stops for HOURS with everyone trying ot prove their point why a Sword can or cannot damage a Clay Golem :D

if you want a more simple work around- why don't you use BANE dmg bonus?
ok given bane can only be assigned vs 1 race and 1 body on any given item, but its better than nothing.

I am also curious if bane could be made negative...

caylah023
06-16-2009, 05:37 PM
hmm bane dmg might just be the way to go then. thanks a lot for the idea. i would also like to know if theres a way to add negative bane dmg....would be interested to see that.
and could actually make my idea almost work......now if only we could add multiple banes.
is the emu capable of acepting multiple bane entries if you add then to the items table. say add an extra bane dmg entry and bane type? seems like as far as the db goes as long as the prop sql was written in it should work fine just wondering if binaries could handle it straight away