PDA

View Full Version : Tradeskill combine question.

Rabayn
06-14-2009, 12:31 AM
There are some trade skill combines that ( on live at least ) give you back components on a fail. For example, the combine with the Rusty Sylvan Morning Star in this quest:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2051

However, on combine both the rusty weapon and sharpening stone are being consumed. Using peq rev 628 I looked in the tradeskill_recipe_entries table and found the recipe:

id recipe_id item_id successcount failcount componentcount iscontainer
54714 5847 20297 0 1 1 0
54715 5847 12056 0 0 1 0
54716 5847 20300 1 0 0 0
54717 5847 17 0 0 0 1

The sword ( item 20297 above ) has it's failcount set to 1, which to my understanding means on failure it gets returned. But alas, the weapon gets eaten on a failed combine =(. I did confirm this same issue on rev 590 as well. Is my understanding of the failcount wrong and there is no way to return an item on failure or is there something else I need to set or look for?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

ChaosSlayerZ
06-14-2009, 01:30 AM
I my recent experimenst I found a "bug" or "feature" (not even devs can answer this question atm) which prevents return of "return on fail" items

read about it here:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28355

joligario
06-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Did you try creating a separate entry for component count and failure count?

Rabayn
06-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Did you try creating a separate entry for component count and failure count?

That did the trick. Several combines are defined like this in the peq database, so I will have to do a few spot updates. Thanks!

Rabayn
06-14-2009, 04:37 PM
From tradeskills.cpp this appears to be due to this query:

//Pull the on-fail items...
qlen = MakeAnyLenString(&query, "SELECT item_id,failcount FROM tradeskill_recipe_entries"
" WHERE failcount>0 AND componentcount=0 AND recipe_id=%u", recipe_id);

Being new to the code base, I guess I have to ask is there any reason we can't remove the componentcount=0 restriction as it appears on the surface to be a little unnecessary?

ChaosSlayerZ
06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I want to point out that in my DB comdines with retun on fail work fine having a single entry for both component and fail - and they work just fine

Rabayn
06-15-2009, 01:33 AM
After getting my little build laptop up after it's hard drive became a statistic, I was able to determine that, in my case at least, changing the above query fixes my issue.

I want to point out that in my DB comdines with retun on fail work fine having a single entry for both component and fail - and they work just fine

Unless there are other code paths that retrieve recipe items, I'm at a loss as to how you are working and I am not. /shrug ... =)

ChaosSlayerZ
06-15-2009, 02:04 AM
it is posible that SOME of the recepies in PEQ DB may have been slightly screwed up.

the thting is that I have wiped my TS tables clean and making my own recepies from the scratch using George TS editor (using Rev 535), and the editor only adds a SINGLE line for component, fail and succes - if its the same item- think smithing hammer which is always returned

and as i said they all working fine in game

cavedude
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
The PEQ team fixes tradeskill recipes daily, so yeah undoubtedly many are still left broken/need tweaking. If you find any, please post them over at PEQ so we can fix them: http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2