PDA

View Full Version : Server list problem

madhatta317
06-19-2009, 11:29 PM
So, everytime i log into the loginserver, my server list is empty. I have to log in 1000 times to get them to show up. it is very annoying for boxing. I just set up my friend with eqemu and his does not do that. When he logs in his servers show up. What am i doing wrong, how can i fix this for me?

madhatta317
06-20-2009, 12:41 PM
just a follow up
i reinstalled my whole titanium installation and im having the same problem. the only difference between me and him is he has vista and is on a laptop, i have xp and im on a desktop. Why do i have to log 1000 times to play and he doesnt, how can i fix my problem?

trevius
06-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Sometimes routers can get messed up and need to be reset to fix the routing. I suggest trying to power off your modem and router, then power your modem on and then power your router on once the modem gets a good signal. If that doesn't work, then try setting your router back to factory defaults and setting it up again. I know sometimes Linksys' can flake out of you have a few ports forwarded in it for a while, and especially so if you have a lot of ports forwarded.

I just added a section to the FAQ in the wiki for this type of issue:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ#QLinkLS

madhatta317
06-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Sometimes routers can get messed up and need to be reset to fix the routing. I suggest trying to power off your modem and router, then power your modem on and then power your router on once the modem gets a good signal. If that doesn't work, then try setting your router back to factory defaults and setting it up again. I know sometimes Linksys' can flake out of you have a few ports forwarded in it for a while, and especially so if you have a lot of ports forwarded.

I just added a section to the FAQ in the wiki for this type of issue:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ#QLinkLS

I tried everything you said, I unforwarded 5998 restarted, didnt work, forwarded 5998, restarted didnt work, disconnected router for like 20 minutes factory reset, didnt work. Any other ideas. I can get the servers to show up i just have to log in 100000 times then the server list shows up

pasmerga
06-22-2009, 11:29 AM
ditto. if a try over and over eventually it works. just annoying, I barely play because its too annoying to log in

nduffiel
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
Ditto, tried all the suggestions and nothing worked. any other ideas?

madhatta317
06-22-2009, 11:01 PM
yeah like they said im able to play its just that its at the point where its too annoying to play. Especially too annoying to box

trevius
06-22-2009, 11:16 PM
According to one guy in this thread:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28498

He was able to fix the problem completely by getting a newer router/modem from his cable company. I don't know if that would fix it for others out there, but it is the last possibility that I know of. Are all of you guys using wireless connections to your router, BTW? Make sure that you never have port 5998 forwarded on your router to any of the PCs at your house. The main reason for this is because if there are 2 people who play at your house and the port is forwarded to one of their PCs, the other PC won't be able to connect. Also, are any of you running/downloading/uploading torrents or P2P files currently? I highly suggest closing out any of those types of programs for ALL PCs on your network before trying to play online.

nduffiel
06-23-2009, 12:41 AM
Im the only one whos plays and i dont have a torrent or PsP running so i dont know what the problem is.