PDA

View Full Version : Pyzjin, Quillmane and other rare spawns

litlamzetiv
06-25-2009, 06:44 PM
On my server, I'm removing (or greatly reducing) the number of PH's that spawn for rare spawns. I'm doing this by using the NPC EDITOR and modifying the spawn groups to remove (or reduce) the available PH's. This worked great for guk, but I came into a problem with SolA & SolB. Specifically, I couldn't find spawn groups for the following:

Lava Elemental, Captain Bipnupple, Singe, Kobold Predator, Goblin Bartender, Goblin Torturer (some of these didn't even seem to have spawn entries). Likewise, I found an entry for the Death Beetle in SolB, but didn't find a spawn group. Does this mean he doesn't spawn at all? What about mobs like Quillmane, Pyzjin, etc.? Since they don't have spawn groups, do they not spawn?

Or is there some other way to spawn mobs that I'm just not aware of? Since Lord Nagafen also doesn't have a spawn group in the database, but I've seen him up, there has to be another way to spawn such critters. Can someone please help me understand what I'm missing?

Thanks,

-Rob

Davood
06-26-2009, 12:23 AM
quest triggers ... loook in the quest dir for those zones / mobs

there are time based, spawn based, and other triggers that can go off

litlamzetiv
06-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the suggestion--but I didn't find anything there. Of the mobs I mentioned the only one that had anything that might seemingly be related was Naggy:

sub EVENT_SPAWN {
my $x = $npc->GetX();
my $y = $npc->GetY();
quest::set_proximity($x - 250, $x + 250, $y - 250, $y + 250);
}

sub EVENT_ENTER {
if (($ulevel >= 53) && ($status == 0)) {
quest::echo("I will not fight you, but I will banish you!");
quest::movepc(27,-64,262,-93.96,0);
}
}

sub EVENT_AGGRO {
quest::settimer("getloc",15); #mob will get position every 15 seconds if pulled away from spawn point
}

sub EVENT_TIMER {
quest::clear_proximity();
my $x = $npc->GetX();
my $y = $npc->GetY();
quest::set_proximity($x - 250, $x + 250, $y - 250, $y + 250);
}

sub EVENT_DEATH {
quest::stoptimer("getloc");
quest::clear_proximity();
}
Specifically the Sub_event SPAWN stuff. I dont' see any sort of timer though (and he doesn't auto-repop on server reboot). I think more likely that's just a range for the banish. I also went through the rest of the quests in soldungb and came up with nothing. Likewise, I checked out KaranaEast (for quillmaine), and FearPlane (for Cazic), and got nothing there either.

Thanks again for the help, but it appears I'm still looking for the answer...

litlamzetiv
06-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Oh, now that I look more into it, it appears that portion of Naggy's code is what would warp him back if he was pulled from his lair...

Capheus
06-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Not sure how you are doing it, I normally use 2 different ways to get the spawn info. I'll use Naggy as a reference.

1. Start with a name of the npc find/filter/query of the npc_types database by using Navicat/MS Access or whatever you are using.

Lord_Nagafen gives us an npctypeid of 32040

Now go into the spawnentry database and find/filter/query 32040 for the npcID column. Some mobs/npcs will have multiple entries.

32040 gives us a spawngroupID of 6712

Now go into the spawn2 database and search on 6712 in the spawngroupID column. There should only be entry per spawngroupID number. This will give his spawn loc as well as respawn time and other things.

2. Go target Lord Nagafen in SolB and use #npcstats. This will give you a spawngroupID that you can look up in the spawn2 database. Using #dbspawn will result in a 0 spawngroupID.

cavedude
06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Any NPC that does not have a spawn2 entry spawns from Perl. Be sure to check all the scripts in the NPC's zone and look for the NPCID of the NPC you want in a quest::spawn, quest::spawn2, or quest::unique_spawn.

litlamzetiv
06-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys, those steps were tremendously helpful. I was originally just usinig the NPC loot editor, but I guess it doesn't do everything for me. I really appreciate all of the help on this one, and will be sure to pass it along if I get the chance.

Thanks again,

-Rob

joligario
06-27-2009, 09:55 PM
I would also get the updated version of that file if I were you. Since the change of quest::echo, it broke the script so people would not get banished if they were above the appropriate level. I fixed Naggy and Vox scripts a while ago because of it.