PDA

View Full Version : Everquest SOF

Tolian101
06-28-2009, 09:23 PM
Hi new to this server, just bought Everquest Secrets of Faydwer and downloaded the auto patcher for it. But for some reason when I login it says I have no expansions, and when I try to create a character like a Draknan I get "must buy expansion packs" but I believe that SOF is the latest, with all other expansions included. Can anyone tell me how to fix this please?

Andrew80k
06-29-2009, 12:09 AM
What auto patcher? There is no patcher for the emu. Did you follow the play guide?

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=PlayGuide

Kobaz
06-29-2009, 01:06 AM
I believe there are scum who are selling warez copies of SoF with a "patcher" and directing people to the eqemu login server. There was a lot of this a few years back, and as SoF comes together they seem to be trying again.

trevius
06-29-2009, 03:43 AM
If you are getting a message like that when trying to create a Drakkin, but other races work fine, that just means that the server you are trying to play on doesn't have the expansion enabled. You should still be able to play on the SoF client, but that particular server would need to enable the SoF expansion in their variables table for Drakkin to be usable.

Also, yeah, there is no patcher for EQEmu. If you didn't buy SoF in a retail box with the DVDs, and install it from there without patching it, you probably won't be able to play on the EQEmu servers. Even doing the digital purchase of it from SOE won't work as it doesn't patch you to the correct version needed, it patches you to Live which won't work.

pappadock53
06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Are there currently any SOF servers? I would like to try this out, I just got it the other day and installed it today. Also, Is there a certian Server Version I can look glance at to know it is an SoF Server? Like right now all I see is 0.7.0, are they planning on making it a different Server # for those who have the new client?

pappadock53
06-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Can't figure out how to edit my previous post, but I found a server or two that supports the new SoF clients, but as soon as it loads it all, my client just closes, no error msg, no nothing, just closes... if anyone else has the same problem, or had it and found a fix for it, let know please?

pappadock53
06-29-2009, 11:58 PM
Found the fix.... I had to install the SoF client deal INTO the Titanium client for it to work...

cavedude
06-30-2009, 12:29 AM
Most servers support SoF as it's on by default in the EQEmu code. As said above you need to use a retail DVD version. Warez or patchers will not work. If you have a valid version, then you do not need Titanium at all.