PDA

View Full Version : Table: Zone_Flags

litlamzetiv
07-06-2009, 03:18 PM
On the server I'm running, I'm looking to prevent people from entering specific zones until they key. I can see myself running into a problem with my current method (based upon adding translocators and playing with factions), and a buddy reminded me that in PoP they added the flagging feature to prevent you from skipping planes.

Is this functional in EQemu? It appears there are all of the necessary table columns:

[Table:Zone_Flags] maps allowed zone flags to individual characters
[Table:Zones] contains a column called "Flag_needed"

The question is how do I put this all together? I want to prevent people from zoning into the dreadlands that haven't already killed nagafen. So, how do I give them a flag after killing nagafen that allows them to go to the dreadlands?

Thanks in advance!

-Rob

Zeice
07-06-2009, 03:27 PM
You put the number 1 in the flag_needed column in the zones table if you want a zone to require a flag.

Then for assigning the flag you put this on your quest npc, how you want to handle giving the flag is up to you.

quest::set_zone_flag(86);

The number in parenthesis being the zoneid number.

litlamzetiv
07-06-2009, 03:47 PM
It's that easy? That's great. Thanks.

By the way, how do you handle keying zones? Like howling stones? I see that it has a "key to howling stone" under zone flags. Does that somehow tie it to an item?