PDA

View Full Version : Executables VS Database Revisions

laxative
07-07-2009, 04:11 PM
Greetings,

Ok so this has always confused me.. I'm currently at Rev752 for my exe's.
Rev 26 for my Database.

Yesterday I:
recompiled the executables
made a backup copy (as I always do)
copied in the new executables
backed up my bots
Then I dropped system on the DB
sourced in latest system
sourced in bots
Started up the server.

Found I was getting 'bot not found' trying to spawn bots. So I copied back in my backed up executables and everything worked fine. Which leads me to these questions

1. Where do I find, how do I know when the executables match the DB
2. Do I need to run all those optional util/svn .sql files when I'm using the drop system technique to update my database?
3. It seems Rev 26 has been the latest rev for some time, did the SVN location change?

Thanks in advance for the help.
Laxa

trevius
07-07-2009, 04:51 PM
You need to use the new SVN for PEQ if you are running the PEQ DB. See if this helps you:

http://www.projecteq.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7112&sid=708a1a2e3dab3a6fa5605570f79b5601

gaeorn
07-07-2009, 05:50 PM
You also need to execute any SQL in utils/sql/svn that has a revision number greater than the revision number of the PEQ DB.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The PEQ DB revision number is the number in the file name for the main database. This is NOT the svn revision for the repository it is stored in.

For example, the svn revision 26 of the PEQ DB corresponds to revision 703 of the DB. You can see this by the file named peqdb_1129Rev703.sql.gz in the repository. If you then were to download rev 752 of the server code, you would need to source the following files into your DB:

704_rules.sql
710_tint_set_naming.sql
721_pathing_rules.sql
730_smart_delay_moving.sql
731_rule_assist_notarget_self.sql
732_sacrifice_rules.sql
745_slow_mitigation.sql

This will bring the DB up to date to match the code.

Congdar
07-07-2009, 06:47 PM
You should check all the sql files created after your last database update for any npc_types table changes. Along the lines of 'ALTER table npc_types...' There are quite a few new columns added recently. You should update the new columns into your existing database before backing up your bots or they wont import into the new database with all the new columns.

gaeorn
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
You should check all the sql files created after your last database update for any npc_types table changes. Along the lines of 'ALTER table npc_types...' There are quite a few new columns added recently. You should update the new columns into your existing database before backing up your bots or they wont import into the new database with all the new columns.

Actually, the script to back up the bots that is included with the PEQ DB does so in a way that will import even if columns have been added to the npc_types table (this wasn't always the case, but has been in the last version or two or three of the DB).

Congdar
07-07-2009, 07:13 PM
glad to know it was updated, didn't even notice.

laxative
07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
To All,

Thank you VERY much you have cleared up MANY of my problems in a clear manner, here is what was most important.

The info about the SVN repository VS the actual database revision.
The info about the relationship of the executables to the database (extremely helpful)

Just a pause here, I'd rather do the incremental updates, I get nervous everytime I do a drop system but I just needed a clear understanding of how to get everything meshed.

Gaeorn I've actually pasted your post into my own personal notes that is just about exactly the part I was missing.

My SVN locations are correct, but thanks for the links to confirm.

This was very helpful, thanks again

gaeorn
07-08-2009, 11:30 AM
TJust a pause here, I'd rather do the incremental updates, I get nervous everytime I do a drop system but I just needed a clear understanding of how to get everything meshed.

So you understand, the incremental updates included with the source code are the minimal to make things work with new code. Other updates for new or corrected spawns, items, etc., are only available from PEQ DB updates. Those require backing up bots, sourcing drop_system.sql and sourcing a new PEQ DB file.

laxative
07-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Gaeorn,

I DID NOT realize that, so once again thank you for the clarification. I've grown accustomed to that procedure anyway so that's not going to be a problem. Just that I've lost my bots once and that really hurt...

Just to close this out, I'm at DB Rev 752, and the last code update I got included some Monk Changes, does this sound about right?

Thanks again.
Laxa

If I ever get some new hardware I may just open my server up +)

gaeorn
07-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Just to close this out, I'm at DB Rev 752, and the last code update I got included some Monk Changes, does this sound about right?

Yes, that's current last I checked.