PDA

View Full Version : Setting up a Minilogin guide? (No internets)

hyz0n
07-09-2009, 12:41 PM
I'm going to a pretty rural area where my brother's recently moved. Poor guy can't the internet out there, and has squat to do.

He's a long time internet gamer, and it's murdering him to be without it.

I figured after setting up my server using AX_classic repack that there might be an equally simple way to modify that GUI in order to use the minilogin.

Problem is, while I'm relatively user-intelligent with computers, I'm definitely not networking / programming-intelligent.

Any insight from someone who knows how to setup a minilogin server?

I've searched around and not had much success.

leslamarch
07-09-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm going to a pretty rural area where my brother's recently moved. Poor guy can't the internet out there, and has squat to do.

He's a long time internet gamer, and it's murdering him to be without it.

I figured after setting up my server using AX_classic repack that there might be an equally simple way to modify that GUI in order to use the minilogin.

Problem is, while I'm relatively user-intelligent with computers, I'm definitely not networking / programming-intelligent.

Any insight from someone who knows how to setup a minilogin server?

I've searched around and not had much success.

The latest axclassic repack supports local (non-internet) or public play in the options menu, it also supports both the AXClassic DB and the PEQ DB. It uses the "private login" server by Image, I chose that option for the repack since its far Superior to the old Mini-login.

Shendare
07-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Might these wiki articles be helpful?

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=CategoryMiniLogin

hyz0n
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Thank you guys so much.

I admittedly had limited time to research this topic. The idea to set this up on his machine hit me last minute, and it's added to the race of things I'm trying to get done before I go out of town and lose the internet as a resource.

With the tools you guys have offered, I should be able to get him up and running, which is super exciting.

You guys have given an old man some great joy! I'll post back after I return from the trip to let you know how the junky is doing, now that he can get his fix =D

Thanks again!

leslamarch
07-09-2009, 05:26 PM
I'll post back after I return from the trip to let you know how the junky is doing, now that he can get his fix =D

Thanks again!

I have been here done that :) have a safe trip !