PDA

View Full Version : Adding NPC's to instanced zone

Randymarsh9
07-14-2009, 12:53 AM
I want to add a monster to Arena version 1, so I tried zoning into arena and then spawning it, doing #npcspawn add, and then changing the version of the monster in the DB to one, but even after a server restart the mob showed up in the regular arena and not the instanced one. So then I tried actually going to the instanced one and then spawning it, but it did the same thing. Is there another thing you must edit to make monsters in an instance without putting them in the main zone?

trevius
07-14-2009, 01:04 AM
Are you editing the spawn2 table or somewhere else? To change the version that the spawngroup is in, you should just have to change it in the spawn2 table.

gaeorn
07-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Don't be confused by the 'version' field in npc_types. That field is informational and is not used for choosing the instance a mob spawns in. As Trevius said, the change needs to be made to the spawn2 table to affect which version the mob spawns in.

Randymarsh9
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM
oh alright then. I was changing it in the npc_Types bc the monsters the tool put in there all had the version changed so I thought that's what I needed to do