PDA

View Full Version : Random Zone In Problem

Tristanlogd
07-16-2009, 11:52 AM
I tried searching for this issue but was unable to find anything, maybe it's an issue with my database or maybe its supposed to work this way, but its annoying.

So a friend of mine are playing on my server, we go to Freeport so we can get over to the South Ro and Oasis of Marr zones. His race is hated by the guards of Freeport, so we have to be careful, we make it to the zone in location and all is ok. The next Zone in we are randomly zoned in the middle of the map, not where we actually entered the zone. Now this is annoying since there's Sand giants and giant crocodiles everywhere. This was fine, we got to the waters edge again, luckily he had played before and knew the area pretty well. We kill some orcs, etc, and head back, we zone back in and magically end up...On top of a building in Freeport city in the middle of the zone?! Huh??? To get out of this I had to use invisibility on him so he could sneak out of Freeport. We went back to that same exact zone in point, and zoned in and it sent us right back to that dang building.

Is this how it's supposed to work? It seems to always zone into the middle of the map on these zones. Haven't had the issue on other zones, but you can see how this would be very bad if zoned into a mob.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Shendare
07-16-2009, 12:01 PM
I have experienced intermittent random times where hitting a zone line sends me to the "zone safe point" in my destination zone instead of the correct coordinates based on the zone point.

It can happen some times and not others when using the exact same zone line.

ChaosSlayerZ
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
I have noticed that if when you crossing zone line you moving TOO FAST - like GM speed - the game apparently is unable to read your point of entry fast enough, before you actually zone in. The coming from zone is already shut down by the server, and entering zone doesn't know where you come from, so it doesn't know where to place you, so it drops you at safe coordinates instead.

Shendare
07-16-2009, 12:28 PM
That sounds quite reasonable for my situation, Z.

As for the original poster's, I have also noticed that some zone point information in the DB has problems.

Neriak, especially, seems to want to pop you into safe point coords when you zone around.

Noting the correct zone-in point with #loc and updating the zone points table in the database ('zone_points') fixes the problem, but it can take a bit of trial and error to identify the correct record in 'zone_points' to change.

trevius
07-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I have seen problems with zoning under the world and have read about many people seeing it often on certain zone lines on PEQ. Maybe we have something wrong with one of the zoning structures. Seems almost like one of the fields is bleeding over into another field and throwing the info way off or something.