PDA

View Full Version : 2 boxing issues

Morcant
07-23-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello all,

New to EQemu after years away from this game and loving being back. I do however have a problem when I attempt to two box. When I try to load up the second client the screen of the first one goes black. It doesn't shut down, or go Ld the screen simply goes black on me. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I run Vista if that matters at all. Thanks in advance.

Morcant

vales
07-23-2009, 02:05 PM
What client are you running?

Morcant
07-23-2009, 02:29 PM
I run Vista home premium, but I am not sure if that is what you are asking. I have a intel dual core processor which I know can cause problems but didn't see this one listed on that FAQ.

MNWatchdog
07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Hello all,

New to EQemu after years away from this game and loving being back. I do however have a problem when I attempt to two box. When I try to load up the second client the screen of the first one goes black. It doesn't shut down, or go Ld the screen simply goes black on me. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I run Vista if that matters at all. Thanks in advance.

Morcant
Could be not enough Video RAM,doesn't seem likely, in your card or just bad drivers, more likely. What kind of hardware are you running?

I would get a copy of WinEQ2 too and use that to launch your clients.

Morcant
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
I am running an Intel Core Duo 3.00ghz with 4 gb RAM. The video is a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB card. To be honest the drivers are probably orginal I am always afraid I will screw something up when it comes to drivers so I don't frequently update them. What is WINEQ2?

vales
07-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Client = Titanium, Secrets of Fawdwer.

Morcant
07-23-2009, 09:21 PM
titanium, sorry I thought that was the only option to run eqemu.

MNWatchdog
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
I am running an Intel Core Duo 3.00ghz with 4 gb RAM. The video is a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT 512 MB card. To be honest the drivers are probably orginal I am always afraid I will screw something up when it comes to drivers so I don't frequently update them. What is WINEQ2?Definitely update your video drivers. Often drivers that come with the video card are the initial release of the drivers for the card since the CD is pressed with the first available drivers published.

Luckily, NVidias drivers are easy to update, so don't be afraid, and just do it. Download and run. http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_32bit_190.38_whql.html

You should also update your DirectX drivers after you update your video drivers. Go through the hoops here and download and run. http://www.microsoft.com/games/en-US/aboutgfw/Pages/directx10-a.aspx

WinEQ2 is a application that was created originally to allow EQ to be played in a window, something EQ couldn't do originally. It's added lots of features since then, one of the most useful being that automatically sets CPU affinity so each copy of the EQ client only runs on a single CPU core. Older version of the EQ client, Titanium being one, don't work well with multi-core CPUs well. Download here http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3&Itemid=4

You don't have to pay for it for it's basic functionality, which is all ya need.

Morcant
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Thank you both for all your help I will update a few things and see if that resolves my issues. I never would have thought there would be this many hoops to run a 10 year old program...

Morcant
07-24-2009, 08:49 AM
WinEQ2 fixed everything! Thanks again!