PDA

View Full Version : Error: A time out occured

bishann
07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
IM getting the above said message when trying to log in. any ideas on what be causeing this and how to fix it.

bishann
07-23-2009, 11:26 PM
Ok I checked all my ip settings still nothing. This is a reinstall i had it working b4 had but not i cant get it to logg in. Got the patcher edit and the eq host set at Host=eqmulator.net:5998. I cant figure it out. I have also reset my modem and hell i even tried a diffrent modem.

trevius
07-23-2009, 11:37 PM
If you are getting a timeout, then you either have something wrong with your eqhost.txt file (make sure there are no extra spaces or carriage returns at the end of the lines), or something blocking port 5998 in your network (make sure you aren't doing any port forwarding on your router and make sure you don't have a firewall running), or you are running the incorrect version of EQ. If the timeout takes longer than about 15-30 seconds to pop up, then the problem is probably that you have the wrong version of EQ from patching or installing over a pre-existing installation. Maybe try uninstalling EQ completely, deleting the directory completely and then reinstalling Titanium or SoF directly from the Disks.

bishann
07-23-2009, 11:47 PM
I am using titianium, already uninstalled and reinstalled. Its poping up in like 10 secs of clicking it i can see the sever listed on the quick select that I last played on but its not letting me go forward.

bishann
07-24-2009, 12:25 AM
K i just fiqured out how to check the port using pfportchecker it says 5998 is not open or reachable how do i fix this?

trevius
07-24-2009, 01:08 AM
I think the FAQ in my sig might have some suggestions about how to correct that.

bishann
07-24-2009, 03:34 AM
OK i called th phone company they helped me get port 5998 open aigna but i still get a time out error.