PDA

View Full Version : Updated Windows Server Setup Guide

vales
07-23-2009, 06:14 PM
Note; Since this guide was originally written, it has been added to the EQEmu Wiki and is more current there. So, please see the Wiki page here for the most updated version of these instructions:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ

Those are SVN addresses. Basically you use something like TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads) to download the stuff as the developers update them.

If you follow this guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=VS2008), it shows you how to download and compile your own server. I'll see if I can make a guide with pictures so it can be explained better, but for now, I can walk you through the basic stuff. This guide is to use the latest stuff without compiling your own source.

I'm assuming you already have MySQL and Perl (version 5.10) installed, so I'll skip those parts. If you haven't follow Steps 2-3 from the link above.

This should allow you to run the latest binaries with Bots, database and the new EQEMuLoginServer. The new EQEMuLoginServer is like a mini-login server, so it should probably used over the old and outdated MiniLogin server.

This will be for a completely new install, so back up your database just in case before you start.

I'll try to make this super-easy.

First, download the compiled server binaires.

Download Revision 774 with Bots here (http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/files/Revision774-Bots.zip). Extract it. You should see a folder after you've extracted it called build - all your files are in there. This will be referred to as the server folder for this tutorial.

Preface - Checking out the latest sources.

1.) Download and install Tortoise SVN (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads). After it's installed, navigate to your MySQL installation folder. In that directory, you should see a folder named bin - this is where you'll download the database to.

2.) Right-click the folder and select SVN Checkout. In the new window that pops up, where it says URL of Repository at the top, paste in: http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk. The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder.

3.) Click "OK", and let it update. Once this is done, navigate to the folder and you should see a file called: peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz. Extract it with 7-zip (freeware) (http://www.7-zip.org/) or something similar like WinRAR (30-day trial) (http://www.rarlab.com/). This is the "bulk" of the database. Now keep an eye on the revision number as it signifies the coalation between the server number. In this case, it's: peqdb_Rev781.sql. This means that you can run it since it's compatible with the server revision which is Rev774. If you update to a newer server rev, then you need to update the database if the rev version of the server surpasses the database.

Now to source the database in.

Setup - Importing the Database.

4.) Start MySQL by: Start > MySQL > MySQL Server 5.0 > MySQL Command Line Client. If there's a password for your database, enter it and hit Enter.
You should see: mysql> _.

Since this is a new installation, you can type: CREATE DATABASE [name];, where [name] is the name you want for the database (exclude the ). I'll use PEQ as an example. So it would be: CREATE DATABSE PEQ;

Then type: use PEQ (or whatever siginifies your database.) It should then say: Database changed.

Then type: source peqdb_Rev781.sql;

Then type: source load_player.sql;

And lastly: source load_bots.sql;

Once it's done, you're all set! Now all that's left is to double-check the revisions and set up the new EQEMuLoginServer.

5.) Download the EQEMuLoginServer files here (http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list). Once downloaded, extract it. Copy the EQEMuLoginServer.exe to your server folder.

6.) As explained above in Step 2, create a new folder and name it something easy to remember like EQEmu Server Files or something.
Right-click that folder, and paste in the SVN address: http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn.

7.) Go to the folder where you downloaded the server sources and navigate to: trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util.

Then copy: eqemulogin.ini, login_opcodes.conf to your server folder.

And finally, go to login_util > ms > debug and copy the EQEmuAuthCrypto.dll file to your server folder.

8.) Download and install HeidiSQL (http://www.heidisql.com/download.php) or something to make it much easier for this part.

Launch HeidiSQL and use your MySQL credentials to login (click Save + Connect to remember your login info - not recommended on public computers for obvious reasons).

9.) In the upper-left panel, you should see the name of your database (PEQ). Right-click somewhere in the panel and choose Create Database from the menu. Give it a name like: PEQLoginDB then click OK.

Click your database name (PEQLoginDB) in the upper-left panel so it's yellow to make sure it's selected. Now press CTRL+O (or from the top menu: Import > Load SQL file...). Then navigate to the folder where you downloaded the server files: trunk > EQEmuServer > EQEmuLoginServer > login_util. Then select: EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql and click Open.

In the Query window at the center of the screen, you should see the SQL entry. Above that, you should see a left-most blue arrow pointing to the right. Press that to execute the query. Or press F9.

Almost there! Now to make accounts and set up the server to log in.

10.) Here's an SQL file to make accounts. Make sure your PEQLoginDB is selected, and import this query. You can save this as an .sql file, or copy/paste it in the Query window in HeidiSQL and import it.
insert into tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) values('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');
The red text is where you would enter your account info to log in.

For security purposes, you can delete the Admin account that's entered by default in tlbloginserveraccounts by left-clicking on it so it's yellow, and then pressing CTRL+DEL.

11.) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.
INSERT INTO `tblworldserverregistration` (`ServerID`, `ServerLongName`, `ServerTagDescription`, `ServerShortName`, `ServerListTypeID`, `ServerLastLoginDate`, `ServerLastIPAddr`, `ServerAdminID`, `Note`) VALUES ('1', 'NameOfServer', 'ServerTagDescription', 'ShortNameOfServer', '2', NULL, NULL, '1', NULL);

Again, the red text is what you want to modify with your server name.
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The green number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard.

Finalizing - Setting up for launch and connections.

Now the last part is to make sure everything is set up so you can connect. I'll be using an example of setting up the server on the same LAN connection while letting people outside of your LAN to be able to connect to your server.

12.) First of all, lets open up the eqemu_config.xml file in your server directory.

Up at the top of the file, you should see:
<world>
<shortname>NameOfServer</shortname>
<longname>ShortNameOfServer</longname>
The red text should match with what you put in Step 11 above.

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>server.dyndns.org</address>
<localaddress>192.168.0.1</localaddress>
server.dyndns.org should be your dyndns address, and the 192.168.0.1 should be the LAN IP of the server's PC.

<!-- Loginserver information. Defaults shown -->
<loginserver>
<host>server.dyndns.org</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
server.dyndns.org should be your dyndns name.

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>MySQL Account</username>
<password>MySQL Password</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
MySQL Account and Password is self explanitory. It's the login information you used for HeidiSQL. peq is the name of the database.

13.) Save your changes and open up eqemulogin.ini.

Port=5998
DumpPacketsIn=true
DumpPacketsOut=true
Trace=true
DatabaseServerName=localhost
DatabaseCatalogName=PEQLoginDB
DatabaseUserName=MySQL Login
DatabaseUserPassword=MySQL Password
OPCodePathAndFileName=login_opcodes.conf

PEQLoginDB is the name of the Login Database in Step 9. MySQL Login and Password is the same as in Step 8.

Maps, Quests and Spells - Keeping them updated.

This is how to keep all of your maps and quests updated.

MAPS
14.) In your server folder, right-click the Maps folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://eqemumaps.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Maps
This can take a [B]very long time to download as the map files are pretty large. 3.37 GB as of now.

QUESTS
15.) In your server folder, right-click the quests folder and select SVN Checkout. In the URL of Repository section, paste: http://projecteqquests.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/quests
This keeps your quests updated, and is highly recommended to maintain as it's updated regularly!

SPELLS
16.) In your EverQuest installation directory, find: spells_en.txt and spells_us.txt. Copy them to your server folder. This allows the server to read data from these files to ensure that the spells work as they should. You do not need to copy these files everytime you update, but do make sure they're there before reporting any bugs about spells.

Setting up a .batch file.

17.) Make a .bat file to launch the server if you haven't already. Just make a new text file called startup.bat (you may need to change the extension from .txt to .bat). Then copy this text:

@echo off
start EQEmuLoginServer.exe
start world
echo waiting for the world to finish before starting zone...
sleep 10
start eqlaunch zone

Now you can launch the startup.bat file and it should launch all of the server executables so you can play.

Connecting - Changing your eqhost.txt file

18.) Since you are on the same LAN, your eqhost.txt file should be as follows:
[LoginServer]
Host=server.dyndns.org:5998
or
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.1.0:5998
The red text should reflect the LAN IP of the server's PC (i.e. 192.168.1.0). It would depend on your router/firewall setup, so I won't go into details here since there's plenty of topics on the forum about this.

If other people outside of your LAN are trying to connect, their eqhost.txt file should read:
[LoginServer]
server.dyndns.org should be the name of your dyndns service.

-=-=-=- End tutorial! -=-=-=-

This should cover anyone wanting to set up a server. Hope it's informative as I have blisters on my fingers from typing all of this. ;) If there's anything missing, let me know as I'll gladly update this topic with relevant information as soon as I give my carpal tunnel a rest.

Now go play! :grin:

Shiny151
07-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow vales this is awesome! I've been looking for a complete updated fresh install guide. Thank you!

trevius
07-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Feel free to create a new wiki page for this guide or combine it with the existing one for Windows in the Wiki. That will make it easy for anyone to update it if anything changes or add more to it to make it more complete. Thanks for the Guide, Vales. I copied this out of the thread you posted it in and made it into a sticky since it definitely has some good info.

vales
07-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh snap! It's a sticky! :shock:

Yep will add it to the wikki when I get a chance. I was going to grab some screenshots as well, but will also need people to verify it works to make sure the changes go in the first time around.

Thanks again! :)

Burgh
07-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I tried a reinstall of mysql so I could do this fresh, and it won't continue the setup wizard without my old password. I did the first setup yesterday, and still can't seem to remember what I used as a password. Is there a way to find out in a file somewhere?

Shiny151
07-31-2009, 12:36 PM
To anyone using this guide as a fresh/new server install. I have never setup a server before and I followed this guide to a T and was able to get my server and client running on the same machine with no problem. As of this writing I also used the two most brand spanking new versions of MySQL and ActivPerl installations.

I didn't use the bot installation as vales suggested so I get a couple of errors in my launcher but I'm not concerned with these and they do not effect gameplay if you're not using them. The one mistake I made was installing/checking out (with SVN) the quests and maps into a subfolder OF quests and maps; thus, build/quests/quests and build/maps/maps which is wrong; it should just be build/maps and build/quests. Otherwise when you log into your server the NPCs won't respond to hails for quest info and pathing is jacked up.

My client crashed on the first launch because my resolution is so high on my LCD monitor (1920x). After setting my res. down to 1400x the client loaded and I went to options and bumped the res to 1600. I logged out and then relaunched in a screen res of 1920 and then it worked fine.

I also started very light with the eqemu_config.xml file. I used the bare minimum configuration to enable my local client login. I didn't use the FULL version because I'm getting some odd heap dump CRT errors. I will slowly add the additional configuration lines to troubleshoot where the crashes are coming from.

I hope this helps other noobs like myself getting a server going for the first time.

-Shiny

vales
07-31-2009, 12:54 PM
Updated the tutorial on the wikki! :D

So if there's anything people need help with, I guess they can ask here. The wikki version allows me or anyone to edit it if there's anything wrong, so it's much easier to maintain. Be warned though, the formatting for the wikki was pretty tough as I had to reformat ALL of the text from this post to gel with the wikki. I spent the whole day yesterday doing that.

I know there may be some stuff I might have missed, so feel free to post any discrepancies.

Oh yeah, link in my signature! ;)

spidey1170
08-01-2009, 01:58 PM
Thank you for this excellent guide! I have a system that is up & running (again), with the new EQEmuLoginServer.exe =P

How can I set my account to be an admin on the server? I've tried to look for the old "level" in the PEQLoginDB database, but it doesn't exist. I've also tried sticking my same account information into tblserveradminregistration. It's just going to be me on this server & I'll get the living snot kicked outta me without good gear =).

Jobe123
08-01-2009, 03:07 PM
I know I am drudging this up from god knows how long ago, however I am having one small problem, and this guide is extremely well written.

On step 10 and 11 where it says to copy the text or Import as SQL files I am a bit lost. I do not know where to paste these lines in at, and the import function seems off to me as simple as the rest of this was. Everything else is smooth as silk. Also after you do step 10 and 11 is there a save button? I cannot seem to find one and don't want to mess things up by redoing steps that may force this not to work.

All I really need is clarification of step 10 and 11 and I should be fine, Sorry to bother you with such trivial questions but I am 100% new at this and this guide is quite amazing, just had one question.

spidey1170
08-01-2009, 03:33 PM
Jobe,

I used a CL (command line) input into mysql for this:

Click on START

Then choose RUN and type CMD, this will pull up a command line interface

Next, type (without quotes): "mysql -u root -p"
Enter your password when prompted

Type "\u peq" and hit ENTER

Then you are able to type in the sql query, hit ENTER and it should work. Hope that helps =)...

joligario
08-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Just to add on.. You can specify the database in the command line also.

mysql -u root -D peq -p

Jobe123
08-01-2009, 06:38 PM
thanks, also if anyone wants to feel free to answer a few more questions... what do I set my dydns to so I am able to get it connected to the loginserver? is it my IP address?

tnance1337
08-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Total newbie to this sort of thing, but not a complete idiot and easily trainable. Having trouble with logging into my server.

Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong here. I've completed all steps exactly (to my knowledge) yet when I try to connect my client (using the account name and password I created in tblloginserveraccounts), I keep getting the username and password does not exist error.

EQEmu Login Server window shows that my client is trying to connect but shows "could not find user 0". Not sure what to do for this...looked around on the forums for an hour or so and can't quite figure it out.

Obviously my settings are correct (I think) just something missing somewhere that recognizes the correct username and password. I've tried deleting and re-entering (in heidisql) the sql entry for tblloginserveraccount multiple times with different usernames and passwords, but nothing seems to work. The data tab definitely shows the same user and pass as I'm entering in.

I'm sure it's something simple, but I'm just not familiar enough with this to understand why it's not working. Any help is appreciated.

vales
08-02-2009, 02:24 PM
You guys are free to discuss support for the server setup guide, but I won't be updating it here anymore (since I can't). I hightly recommend checking out the revised guide in my signature - now hosted on the wikki.

If there's anything as far as support questions go, feel free to post here and and someone is bound to offer some help when they can. :)

tnance1337
08-02-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my problem, Vales? Lol. I've gone back and run the setup again from the guide in your sig and still same result.

gibroni
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
i do not get step 9 in this guild about creating another database called peqlogindb? as far as i have tried and messed arouind with this, nothing uses that database, it is using the account section in peq database and i think that is why i am having issues. i have a server up and runing but no one can log in and create their own account. only can log in if i create them an account in peq/account myself. so what is step 9 actually doing?

vales
08-03-2009, 12:07 AM
It's using the new EQEmuLogin server. The database creation is for simplicity's sake. Minilogin is pretty much unsupported, afaik. I figured since the development is moving along with the new Login Server, that it would be a good idea to include it since mostly everyone is trying to run their own MiniLogin server and it's not really supported for multiple connections on the same LAN.

vales
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm guessing you don't know the answer to my problem, Vales? Lol. I've gone back and run the setup again from the guide in your sig and still same result.

Sorry, missed the post since it's kinda confusing with two topics with people responding in both. :P Can we get a lock on the other one that's not a sticky, please?

Did you by any chance have a EQEmu server set up prior to this?

tnance1337
08-03-2009, 03:42 AM
Nope. First time setting up a server. I've noticed I'm not the only one getting the problem, too, yet no one has explained a solution.

I've gone back, completely uninstalled all items, then re-did your guide exactly as its posted again. Same result. Obviously, everything is working properly, as i can start my world.exe with the startup.bat file, and everything connects as it should. I just keep getting told my username and password are not valid when I try to log in my client. To me, that means that the settings are correct to connect, but something is getting confused by the loginserver with my username and pass.

I've checked everything over about 20 times, peqlogindb has the correct queries imported for the tblloginserver accounts and I'm definetly trying to connect my client with the username and password entered there.

I've got to be missing something that I just don't understand. If you need me to copy and paste settings, let me know. It's pretty much exactly as you have it in your guide, but it couldn't hurt I suppose.

Shiny151
08-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Trance-

I actually had a very similar problem. I would try to create an account and for no rhyme or reason that account wasn't being recognized on login. Do this: keep creating new accounts with completely different usernames and passwords and eventually one will work. Don't delete the ones that don't work until you get one that does work. I can't explain this either. It doesn't make sense. I thought maybe it was the characters I was using in some of the account creations but that wasn't the case either. I was using nothing odd.

-Shiny

lrdchaos1357
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I've tried following the guide and ether I'm missing a step earlier, or missing information. When I try to do step 6, it askes for a login and password, but they aren't any of the passwords I've set up.

zabooo
08-10-2009, 09:00 PM
I too am also having the same problem. I have been creating new accounts in my logindb and nothing is working (I have about 15 created accounts). Also the other thing I did different is instead of setting my server.dyndns.org im using localhost on everything so i can just solo for now. Everthing works fine except for being able to log in.

Sylaei
08-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Zabooo, try this, create a login and use 11111111 for the password. There are 8 ones there. I finally got it to work for me that way, I don't know whats wrong.

EQFAN2009
08-12-2009, 03:00 AM
Hey folks - this site is fantastic. My wife and I have played EQ since around 2000 but quit a couple of years ago due to time restrictions (read kids!) I'm looking to build and host a server so friends and family can play and eventually nephews nieces and my own kids can play in a 'safe' environment.

I've followed the Vales guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ) but have come up against what appears to be a very common error - yes another 1017!. Basically I can log in and play from the box running the server so I'm comfortable that the client/server match is OK and the DB is compatible with the binaries, however when I try to login from a PC on my LAN - even if directly connected to the server (ie no router in the middle) the connection drops on transfer from login to world. That is I can authenticate over the LAN/direct link, but as soon as I go to enter the world I get the old 1017. I use the exact same username and password for both local login and LAN/direct login. Local works LAN/Direct doesn't

Router is set up to forward tcp/udp 9000 to 192.168.1.8 (I'm confident this isn't an issue as there is no connectivity when directly connected to the server by a single cat5 cable)

Config files are below:

{eqemu_config.ini}
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>MyShortname</shortname>
<longname>MyLongname</longname>

<loginserver>
<host>myshortname.no-ip.info</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

<!-- Only specify these two if you really think you need to. (read: You don't) -->
<address>myshortname.no-ip.info</address>
<localaddress>192.168.1.8</localaddress>

<!-- Sets the ip/port for the tcp connections. Both zones and console (if enabled). Defaults are shown -->
<tcp ip="myshortname.no-ip.info" port="9000" telnet="enable"/>

</world>

<!-- Database configuration, replaces db.ini. Defaults shown -->
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>mydbusername</username>
<password>mydbpassword</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>

</server>

-------------------------------
{LoginServer.ini}

### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.

### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.

### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.

# READ README.TXT

[LoginServer]
loginserver=192.168.1.8
loginserver2=myshortname.no-ip.info
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=myshortname.no-ip.info
worldaddress=192.168.1.8
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=

[LoginConfig]
ServerMode=EQEmuLoginServer
ServerPort=5999

------------------------------------------------
{hosts file in ...System32\drivers\etc\hosts}

192.168.1.8 myshortname.no-ip.info

-----------------------------------------------

{eqhosts file}
[LoginServer]
host=myshortname.no-ip.info

------------------------------

Any help would be much appreciated.

EQFAN

EQFAN2009
08-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Ok, a little progress made with the dreaded 1017 error gone and I can now make it past the login screen (Yay!) I disabled the virtual IPs from VMware that were on both the Server and the Client machines, and the key change was to edit emu_config.ini section from this:

<loginserver>
<host>myshortname.no-ip.info</host>
<port>5999</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

to this:

<loginserver>
<host>eqemulator.net</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>

And updated eqhosts.txt accordingly

So I'm now using the global login server to get back into my own box which seems kind of clunky but might be useful for getting friends and family connected to my server.

Once again, if I log in from the same machine my server is on all is fine and I can enter the world, but if I try the same thing on a LAN box I get 'Server is not Responding' message.

My next trick will be to experiment with some portforwarding configurations for both server and client. All suggestions are most welcome.

Ultimately I'd like to use my own login server and perhaps set up a VNP if required for family and friends to login from the WAN(Internet). One step at at time though :-)
Once I can achieve connectivity from a LAN box, I'll gradually move back closer to Vales' settings for the login server which is currently sitting idle on my server!

EQFAN2009
08-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Quick update on last post before I go to bed (work tomorrow!)
LAN client can connect to other servers listed under eqemulator.net and make it into tutorial zone so there is definitely an issue with either my server receiving non-localhost clients, or the port forwarding setup within the LAN.
Will try again tomorrow after work :-)

EQFAN2009
08-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Hmm still no joy. Have opened up ports 5998, 5999, 7000-7500 and 9000 and dropped firewalls on both server and client. Have run out of things to try. Any assistance or suggestions would be most welcome at this stage. :-(

EQFAN2009
08-13-2009, 08:00 AM
I enabled logging in the LAN client - message prior to 'The Server is not Responding' was zone address [192.168.1.8:23579] received

Failed to connect to the zone server 192.168.1.8:7004 result = 5 for MSG_ZONE_Address

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

EQFAN2009
08-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Update time :)
The learning curve is beginning to level out! I've tried a few different approaches now with one semi-successful :grin: i.e. download Cavedude's PEQ-LOY (http://www.projecteq.net/downloads.php) Server install pack and maps. Configuration is MQSQL5.0, Active Perl 5.8 and the above packs. Still having intermittent problems with 'Server Not Responding' message when zoning in from the Character selection screen to starting zone. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. First success was achieved by bypassing my ADSL modem and LAN and going out via my Blackberry's internet connection, so it's looking more and more like a LAN-hardware/firewall/portforwarding issue. Ulitmate goal is to have Eqemulator V8.0 or greater on Gentoo 64, but will take it a step at a time. If anyone has any advice or guidance on G64 compiles for EQEmu please send a message and or links! 8-)
Have also tried Win32 compile from source - no luck - am use to Gentoo Linux compiles not Win.
Anyway I suspect some of my earlier problems was caused by confusing the advice and files provided by the PEQ site and this one!!! The directory contains minilogin, PEQ and SVN code from various locations - could be compatibility issues! Will wipe the server director and start from scratch.

Speedz
08-17-2009, 06:15 AM
I tried version 884 bots and no bots. I get a missing perl58.dll error

I insert the perl58.dll from a perl install from years ago and get "procedure entry point Perl_newXS_flags could not be located in perl58.dll

Any ideas? I followed the guide as written, I installed the perl5.10 as mentioned in guide, also uninstalled it and installed 5.8 still same issues.

Tried a crackheaded idea I thought of after writing this, renamed (after backing up) the perl510.dll to perl58 and got a different error altogether (no I did not expect this to work, but hey i'm annoyedly desperate) "procedure entry point Perl_Top_ptr could not be located in perl58.dll

Speedz
08-17-2009, 06:26 AM
nvm, a search found my answer...I would have cleared that post but 5 min timer expired to edit it.

EQFAN2009
08-17-2009, 07:16 PM
Great to hear that you got it sorted. What was the solution that resolved your problem?

EQFAN2009
08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Well after trying everything I could possibly think of I've still had no luck so I tried one last thing - switched to Linux. Dusting off my old Gentoo64 server, I had the source compiled within 5 minutes and was connected to the server in under 10. :D Linux 1 Windows 0.:-x
Sorry that this is no help to anyone stuck with a Windows box. I'll keep plugging away at the problem slow time and update this thread if I come up with anything.
Cheers

EQFAN :wink:

Speedz
08-17-2009, 08:15 PM
I completely uninstalled perl and deleted the folder and restarted the perl section in the guide useing perl version ActivePerl-5.8.9.825-MSWin32-x86-288577.msi

I also searched for the other perl install entries for version 5.8 that are not mentioned in this guide. I forget offhand what they are, but not too hard to find. I think I used 2 entries that are not on this guide.

Now I am fighting not being able to minilogin my server, my internet is crap WISP (wireless Internet Service Provider) and it is extremely slow and unreliable.

So I am trying to make a internet independent EQ. Tho I have scoured the forums and nothing seems to work as of yet. Tho I once was able to login through the normal eqemulator.net login server. But its time for me to search the heck out of this issue.

EQFAN2009
08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the update Speedz. It looks like it might be time for an updated Windows server installation guide. I've started working on one, but until I can successfully build and run one I'll hold off on publishing it! There are a number of factors involved in getting the server up and running and unfortunately they're not all in the one place. Hopefully when I'm done it will be a one stop shop for server installation complete with screen shots.
From what I can gather the latest versions of Perl and MySQL are not fully compatible with the server and DB files. I also learned by trial and error about patching in the latest .sql files from the utils directory none of the present guides have these things in them. This is not a criticism of the great job others have done but I'd like to build and improve on what has been developed before.
Right now I just wish I could resolve the connection problem when trying to enter the world from the character selection screen on a LAN PC!

Speedz
08-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Well an update on my situation:

Minilogin "seems" to hate me, but I got the EQEmuLoginServer.exe to play nice with world server finally.

My hangup is, no matter what I do, I can't get past "invalid username and/or password" when trying to login.

I tried various things:

deleted the account from database to see if one will just auto populate, no luck.
tried to enter an unhashed password in the password field in the database, no luck.
tried hashed password, no luck.

I am at a loss so far as to how to play on my server. I once did successfully connect through the eqemu login servers but this is not how I want it to work. So I know my database is at least functioning well enough.

Off to more searching. Once I get this working, I will try to retrace all my steps of success and create a emulator on another machine from scratch and document the steps and all files needed to help with a guide update. But until I can actually log in to my server that isn't going to happen soon.

Any guide help I will add is for offline only steps. As I think the current guides need some help in that area. I also thank everyone so far in this community. I been a member for years and inactive for most of it. It is great to see so much work continuing to be done.

EQFAN2009
08-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Speedz,
Most of the documentation I have read suggests that Minilogin is deprecated and the Eqemuloginserver.exe is the way to go even for internal systems such as yours. I have been able to get this up and running following Vales' guide no problems. If you want to stick with the minilogin then track down the PDF guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws992mysql5) on this website and look at the bottom of the guide.
Cheers
EQFAN

Speedz
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Yea I have givin up on minilogin, I get a constant issue with fatal errors in connecting in world.exe

So I am now messing with Eqemuloginserver.exe, this is where I can't get the login/passwords to work.

EQFAN2009
08-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Vales' guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29043) sections 9 & 10 contains the following information on inserting new accounts into your local loginserver table.
insert into tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) values('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');

I've not tried multiple logins yet as I've not been successful connecting to world over LAN, but I have tried various different accounts with success. I normally restarted mysql (from cmd prompt NET STOP MYSQL then NET START MYSQL) to refresh the database once the new DB and tables have been added and updated.

Speedz
08-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Yep been there done that in various forms, tried rewriting user name/passwords and restarting mysql. I even restarted computer a few times after edits...

No go, definatly starting to wear me a little thin.

Speedz
08-17-2009, 11:48 PM
You know, I had a thought...Not sure if this has been discussed before.

But what about creating a VM with the basics needed to run an up-to-date server that people can grab?

Maybe every once in a while (obviously not constantly) remake or update it.

hybrid125
08-18-2009, 11:48 AM
In this guide, Perl 5.10 is used. How come it was never revised to state that 5.8.9 works and Perl 5.10 doesn't? Or are there some envirornmental factors that were not mentioned?

I'm using a fresh Windows XP Pro, SP2 install on a P4 3.2. Pretty basic rig. Windows Firewall/IC Sharing has been disabled. Antivirus protection disabled (for testing purposes right now). When I try to follow this guide exactly, I get the perl58.dll error. If I install Perl 5.8.9, I get a 1017 error and it says I own 0 of 0 expansions. And this is happening when I fire up EQ Titanium on the same box that is running ther server. I see others posting about questions beyond the initial login to their world server.

Are there some login or world server values that someone can give me that they know work. For instance, if I try U/N: usernameusername and P/W: passwordpassword, it will not let me past the login screen, but if I use U/N: myusername29 and P/W: password2370, it works? I haven't figured out a pattern there.

Also, my server shortname and longname are the same. Is that a problem? I've tried making them different but I still got the error message.

Melcrin
08-19-2009, 12:01 AM
I've done everything word for word but I seem to be stuck at step 4. I keep getting wrong syntax errors. Just curious as to what I am missing here.

Edit: Derp nevermind figured it out ;)

Melcrin
08-19-2009, 01:35 AM
Ok i'm not sure why but when I put into my database:

source load_player.sql;

source load_bots.sql;

I get "failed to open file 'load_player.sql' , error: 2"
same with the bot sql.

It also did the same thing with the peq_db_rev922.sql
so I figured I would bypass the command prompt and just do it through heidisql which worked in putting the tables in my database.

I tried the same thing with the load_player and load_bots sql but it says the syntax is incorrect.

I'm positive the code was written correctly or else no one would of got it to work.

I've done everything word for word just not sure what the deal is.

Shiny151
08-19-2009, 02:21 AM
In this guide, Perl 5.10 is used. How come it was never revised to state that 5.8.9 works and Perl 5.10 doesn't? Or are there some envirornmental factors that were not mentioned?

I've actually followed this guide and installed ActivePerl-5.10.0.1005-MSWin32-x86-290470 and the only thing I can't seem to get functioning is connecting WAN clients. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Perl but just thought I'd throw that out there.

hybrid125
08-19-2009, 12:42 PM
I've actually followed this guide and installed ActivePerl-5.10.0.1005-MSWin32-x86-290470 and the only thing I can't seem to get functioning is connecting WAN clients. I'm not sure it has anything to do with Perl but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Hmmm....
I'm using
ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86-287188.msi
EQEmu Server Rev884 w/Bots
I believe Rev 922....or 992 database, whichever is the most recent
and mysql-5.1.37-win32.msi

I'll try ActivePerl-5.10.0.1005-MSWin32-x86-290470 when I get home tonight and see if I can get that working.

If that gets it up I'll have a friend try to connect over WAN and see if I get the same result you got and let you know.

Hrothgar
08-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Well an update on my situation:

... My hangup is, no matter what I do, I can't get past "invalid username and/or password" when trying to login.

I tried various things: ...

I am in the same boat. I have tried for weeks with different usernames and passwords (sha and plain). I have the variable set to "Public" instead of "minilogin". I have tried various IP settings in the eqemu_config.xml and eqhost.txt (router address, lan address, server address, 127.0.0.1, dyndns address, no-ip.biz address, localhost). World.exe connects to the login server and I can watch the login command window reject my user name "Could not find user 5da4c2c" but I can't get past "Error - The username and/or password were not valid. Please check them and try again." on the EQ login screen. I am not sure if the encrypted username in the login command window means anything (it isn't encrypted in the login database).

Speedz
08-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I have given up trying to get this working in this manner.
I have full success using this:

http://forums.nahunta.org/index.php

From installing this I have used it as a base to get databases working correctly from PEQ.

EQFAN2009
08-24-2009, 01:04 AM
:D Finally I've got it working now bots and all on a Windows box. Am using the eqemulator.net login to connect. Didn't do anything different from previous compile time so my conclusion is that the compile-source available when the 922 db was the latest, was dodgy somehow leading to a bad world.exe &/or zone.exe.

Had some problems with rule_values and variables tables missing but train-smashed my 922 db with the 946 .sqls That is I updated Rev946-Bots.sql without first dropping player and bots tables. Got few errors of duplicate entries whereas was previously getting 'peq.rule_values' missing errors.

Not pretty - but functional :-)

yizuman
08-24-2009, 11:58 PM
"5.) Download the EQEMuLoginServer files here. Once downloaded, extract it. Copy the EQEMuLoginServer.exe to your server folder. "

What server folder?? Where?? How do I do this?

yizuman
08-25-2009, 12:49 AM
now this is where I am getting lost...

Finalizing - Setting up for launch and connections.

Now the last part is to make sure everything is set up so you can connect. I'll be using an example of setting up the server on the same LAN connection while letting people outside of your LAN to be able to connect to your server.

12.) First of all, lets open up the eqemu_config.xml file in your server directory.

I can't find that file. Help?

Speedz
08-25-2009, 01:13 AM
Ran into a fix for my invalid username/password issue.

If you create a account with the web page interface (at least the one I have) it hashes the password wrong. it used md5. I changed it to sha and yay it worked.....

Please post results if this works for you so others can be somewhat certain of the fix.

Shiny151
08-25-2009, 08:51 AM
Ran into a fix for my invalid username/password issue.

If you create a account with the web page interface (at least the one I have) it hashes the password wrong. it used md5. I changed it to sha and yay it worked.....

Please post results if this works for you so others can be somewhat certain of the fix.

This may sound like a dumb question but how do you actually get into the web interface? I know it's your server addy with the port:9080 but it prompts me for a username and password. I don't ever remember setting a specific login for this access and my database login doesn't seem to work.

Hrothgar
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
This may sound like a dumb question but how do you actually get into the web interface? I know it's your server addy with the port:9080 but it prompts me for a username and password. I don't ever remember setting a specific login for this access and my database login doesn't seem to work.

This sounds like it could resolve my issue as well (or at least it seems to describe my problem). Can someone (perhaps Speedz) provide more detail on the web interface? Thanks!

Speedz
08-25-2009, 05:52 PM
The web interface I use were included in the package that the installer from http://forums.nahunta.org/index.php provides.

The problem is it's not current and takes mega tweaking to use the current builds. (I would avoid trying if you are doing something completely different)

Another thing you could try is find a SHA1 tool that will spit out the hash of any entered text and copy paste that into the password field in the database.

Sometime soon I will do a sql dump of all tables involved in my ability to connect to my server. Maybe that will help some (ovbiously I'll remove my info, but I will enter info that will connect if you use them directly).

I have no time atm to do this, sorry. But I will soonish.

pfyon
08-25-2009, 06:30 PM
MySQL supports sha1 with the sha() function. If you want to change your password in the db you can just use UPDATE table_name SET password = sha('newpassword') WHERE username = 'yourusername';

(replace the fields/table name with the ones for your table).

There are also various websites that will compute a sha1 hash for you.

Hrothgar
08-25-2009, 06:51 PM
Tried copy paste of the hash and that didn't work (nice idea though).

I read a suggestion of changing my password to "11111111" and I was FINALLY able to get past the login screen and to the server select screen. Thank you for the suggestion.

yizuman
08-25-2009, 11:14 PM
When is the screenshots gonna be posted for each of the steps? It appears I didn't get some of the things right, arrgghh, may have to start over.

Speedz
08-26-2009, 12:29 AM
I wasn't going to post screen shots, I was going to post a sql dump of the bits in my database that handle logging in and verifying user. But, I realized this really won't be enough.

The guides are a bit old (except this one, tho I found I had issues following it to the letter, not sure why but I will retrace and figure it out) and tho they do point you in the right directions I found that I needed to do ALOT of research to get mine running in offline mode.

I will eventually post a complete current write up of how-to. But it will take me a bit as I do this in my freetime as the devs who provide us with the awsome code.

I will drop all EQEmu related things from one of my computers and reinstall everything and document in true anal fashion so as to not miss out on anything.

With the way I write up guides, if you mess up there is no hope for you :-P.

So, with that said, freetime and the nature of what I will do.....don't expect it too awful soon. But it should get you rolling in the right direction.

Speedz out

eqemuross
09-03-2009, 05:00 AM
I am confuse.d.. creating the server this way --- is it now a private login setup separate from eqemulator.net?

Killeverything
09-03-2009, 04:53 PM
ok I did this and now I am getting a perl error (Perl_hv_common_key_len could not be located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll any help please

Killeverything
09-03-2009, 10:17 PM
I am useing ActivePerl-5.8.9.826-MSWin32-x86-290470.msi and peqdatabase-Rev946

Killeverything
09-04-2009, 07:43 AM
and build Rev946-Bots.zip

Killeverything
09-04-2009, 07:53 AM
I have tried to uninstall perl 5.8 and install 5.10 and I still get a can't find perl58.dll error any help please

Spydyr
09-07-2009, 06:30 PM
ok I did this and now I am getting a perl error (Perl_hv_common_key_len could not be located in the dynamic link library perl58.dll any help please

I just got the same error using this guild i have gotten farther than any other guild so thank you for this guild now i think the only thing i need to do is fix this one error.

jamromhem
09-07-2009, 10:44 PM
I can get the login server to load and let me log in.. the problem I am having is that the world server does not load and it shows I have 0 of 0 expansions.

Might I get some help with this?

jamromhem
09-08-2009, 12:53 AM
ok got past that problem... new problem. People connecting from the outside are not able to get past character creation.

The world server shows it is sending them to the zone, but they never get there.

Killeverything
09-08-2009, 09:39 AM
ok got past that problem... new problem. People connecting from the outside are not able to get past character creation.

The world server shows it is sending them to the zone, but they never get there.

ok how did you get past that error ??

Spydyr
09-08-2009, 11:02 AM
okay got past the perl problem no i have a new problem and that is i can't see my server. I can login locally but see no server name.

Spydyr
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM
ok how did you get past that error ??

how i got past was i uninstalled perl 5.8.8 build 822 restarted. searched for any files that had perl in their name (found none) installed perl 5.8.9 build 826 and perl error fixed i hope this will help you out.

samandhi
09-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Ok, I dont know if this problem is in this thread, as there is a lot to read through, but there is one problem I ran into just with my OS, that you might consider editing into your guide (which is great btw)......... If you are using Windows vista (not sure it 64 bit makes the difference or not), you might want to turn off UAC before attemping the "checkout SVN" step. When I tried it, it kept telling me cannot create directory blah, blah, blah... After disabling UAC (which you can do by running "msconfig" and choosing the tools tab and launching the "disable UAC"), I was able to make it happen.

Runeblade
09-12-2009, 05:26 AM
dang i wish the old guides were all still working back from 2007. I was able to make them work flawlessly.

Killeverything
09-15-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi all and thanks for this guild
I have my server up but I think I am missing a few things
1) my server is not listed on the LS
2) I can connected with 2 computers on the network but am unable to connect from the internet, getting Error 1017

I am running XP Sp3 Eqemu ver 8.0 DB 946
any help would be great

Killeverything
09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
2) I can connected with 2 computers on the network but am unable to connect from the internet, getting Error 1017

any help would be great

got it thanks

Whoopee
10-05-2009, 11:54 PM
First, download the compiled server binaires.

Download Revision 774 with Bots here (http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/files/Revision774-Bots.zip). Extract it. You should see a folder after you've extracted it called build - all your files are in there. This will be referred to as the server folder for this tutorial.

extract it to where? ....

Whoopee
10-06-2009, 12:26 AM
As explained above in Step 2, create a new folder and name it something easy to remember like EQEmu Server Files or something.
Right-click that folder, and paste in the SVN address: http://projecteqemu.googlecode.com/svn.

create this folder where?

daryl
10-18-2009, 07:14 AM
Download Revision 774 with Bots here. that link on first page dont work

TG1969
11-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Has the bots have a new link?

OpIeWoRkS
11-09-2009, 07:09 AM
I am trying this install but am stuck on step 4. When I try to source the database I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1038.sql' , error: 2

Read in the post where someone was having same issue and figured it out but unfortunately didn't say what to do to fix problem. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

OpIeWoRkS
11-09-2009, 07:18 AM
You can get the server pack from:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/downloads/list
hope that helps

trevius
11-09-2009, 08:27 AM
In order to be able to source those files, make sure you are in the same folder as those files are located before you log into the mysql server. Or, if you have Navicat or something, you can just run them from the GUI.

Shin Noir
11-09-2009, 09:17 AM
someone should write a "SQL security for dummies using EQEMU" wiki and all wiki setup guides reference to it. :)

bthomsen0312
11-10-2009, 12:40 AM
so the multitude of guides on thie site confuse me, as it seems like all of them tie together in some weird way, however i followed the steps on this guide and ended up with the error perl58.dll is missing.. i tried searching was there something i missed? the only thing im seeing is that i should have the other used version of perl but i followed this guide

Oogbar
11-10-2009, 05:04 AM
While going through your Server Setup Guide, i ran into a major problem after completing the first part of step 3. Tried both command line, and query browser. Command line read something about an error, but disappeared instantly. Tried the Query Browser... had Server Host: 127.0.0.1 Port 3306, name: root, password: oogbar *Worked up until i tried utilizing the walkthrough step 3, for some reason*. Hit connect... aaaannnd... "Could not connect to the specified instance. *2 lines down* MySQL Error Number 2003 *next line down* Can't Connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) *2 lines down* If you want to check the network connection, please click the Ping button." *Press Ping* "Pinging 127.0.0.1 *Line down* Reply from 127.0.0.1: Time = 0ms TTL = 128" any ideas on what went post-nuclear hari-kari?

Oogbar
11-10-2009, 06:16 AM
While going through your Server Setup Guide, i ran into a major problem after completing the first part of step 3. Tried both command line, and query browser. Command line read something about an error, but disappeared instantly. Tried the Query Browser... had Server Host: 127.0.0.1 Port 3306, name: root, password: oogbar *Worked up until i tried utilizing the walkthrough step 3, for some reason*. Hit connect... aaaannnd... "Could not connect to the specified instance. *2 lines down* MySQL Error Number 2003 *next line down* Can't Connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061) *2 lines down* If you want to check the network connection, please click the Ping button." *Press Ping* "Pinging 127.0.0.1 *Line down* Reply from 127.0.0.1: Time = 0ms TTL = 128" any ideas on what went post-nuclear hari-kari?

Oogbar
11-10-2009, 06:49 PM
Tried "mysql -root -p" from RUN.
Enter password: *enters any of a giant plethora of passwords*
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061) *Same as the last trillion messages, but at least the stupid RUN command box doesn't instantly disappear after i enter the password!!* ;shoots his compuker! *Oogbar shoots his compuker!*

fantum409
11-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks Vales, great guide. I followed the guide exactly, except as follows:
Use ActivePerl-5.8.9.826-MSWin32-x86-290470.msi instead of the 5.10xxxx version. The 5.8.8 version will not work either.

Additionally, I changed the eqemu_config.xml as I want this to work on a private LAN without setting up a public IP or port forwarding, etc to allow access from outside. Here is my eqemu_config.xml file, v1. All seems to work for me now. so far...
<?xml version="1.0">
<server>
<world>
<shortname>Virgilhome</shortname>
<longname>EQ@Virgilhome</longname>
<address>172.16.0.25</address>
<localaddress>172.16.0.25</localaddress>
<loginserver>
<host>172.16.0.25</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver>
<!-- Sets the shared key used by zone/launcher to connect to world -->
<key>putsomethingorotherinhere</key>
</world>
<database>
<host>localhost</host>
<port>3306</port>
<username>root</username>
<password>mypassword</password>
<db>peq</db>
</database>
</server>

Oogbar
11-24-2009, 08:48 PM
Ok... the magical solution for if you dont know your MySQL root password! *Though its a bit painful* Un-install all MySQL, Go to your compuker's search option, search for MySQL *Because uninstall leaves some stuff*, and delete the leftovers. Found this out by getting severely irritated with the program, and went on a deleting spree.

pfyon
11-25-2009, 12:10 AM
I think the default WAMP install uses the username 'root' and no password.

Kobaz
11-25-2009, 02:57 AM
You can reset the root password for mysql by stopping mysql and restarting it using the following command:

mysqld --skip-grant-tables --skip-networking

This starts mysql without any security, hence disabling networking support.

You can then run the client, where you
use mysql;
and use standard SQL commands to reset your root password. Then stop mysql, and restart it normally.

everlastnmn
12-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I'm using rev1052 and the login server .bat file errors out - windows could not find 'world' or 'eqlaunch'... frustrating..

WkimWes
12-24-2009, 03:07 AM
I'm using rev1052 and the login server .bat file errors out - windows could not find 'world' or 'eqlaunch'... frustrating..

I think you are missing the statement

c:
CD c:\[folder] the folder name will be where those files are located.

everlastnmn
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
Seriously, can someone update this ? I have followed this word for word and it dosen't work. Specifically the .bat file. I tried the change directory as suggested above and still no dice.

mastajon
12-29-2009, 01:11 AM
this guide is missing alot of stuff. the one on the wikki is your best bet.

threeflies
12-31-2009, 04:49 AM
I am trying this install but am stuck on step 4. When I try to source the database I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1038.sql' , error: 2

Read in the post where someone was having same issue and figured it out but unfortunately didn't say what to do to fix problem. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it.

I'm getting the same error. Did you manage to find a fix ?

After extracting the database the file shows a blue ? icon. BTW, It was extracted to the same folder as the other sql files, ie, C:\Program Files\mysql\bin\projecteqdb\peqdatabase

Any tips appreciated :)

mastajon
12-31-2009, 05:53 AM
once you extract the files you have to take all the sql files and put them in just the bin folder, they cant be in any sub directories. try that out

threeflies
12-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Fantastic mastajon ! worked like a charm :D

Now why on earth couldn't Vales server set-up guide explain that , I can't be the only person to trip-up on this bit :rolleyes:

Thanks again !

Thanks also to Vales , whom without the guide we would'nt even know where to start :)

Frumph
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Server runs great, it compiles, database appears to be working can play online and all that jazz but the LDoN (after doing the quest) and all that, the adventure recruiter still doesnt bring up any adventures, I noticed the Debug zone log file has this in it: Client::SendAdventureSelection(): NPC had no template id

This is using the latest PEQ database from the repository and I looked up the NPC and it's true all of the npc's have 0 set as template id ..

How are people getting the LDoN's working?

Derision
01-15-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't know a lot about LDoN, but I believe the only ones currently implemented in the PEQ database are Mistmoore Catacombs. Those are available from Xyzelauna_Tu`Valzir in Butcherblock.

She is the only NPC with an Adventure_Template > 0 in my (few weeks old) copy of the database.

Lillu
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
The topic is getting off-topic but..

I suggest you to take a look at: http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=AdventureSystemSample

Check your DB:
1. Each adventure has an adventure_templateID (id field) in the adventure_template table
2. You have to set adventure template entries (IDs) in the adventure_template_entry table and assign one ore more adventure_templateID to each one of them.
3. Assign the adventure template entry (ID) to the adventure recruiter of your choice in the npc_types table (adventure_template_id field)

The specific adventure recruiter will offer all the adventures (adventure_templateIDs) listed in the adventure_template_entry table and detailed/defined in the adventure_template table

So check your DB and make sure all set correctly.

Thats pretty much it.

Frumph
01-15-2010, 09:12 PM
Meh the jist of it is that the database isn't pre-set already apparently

jumblebum
01-31-2010, 03:02 AM
Okay, I downloaded and running the following:
ActivePerl-5.10.0.1004-MSWin32-x86-287188
mysql-essential-5.1.42-win32
peqdb_rev1052.sql

I can login okay...I get to the server select and see my server, but have 2 problems:
1) I have "You have 0 of 0 expansions" displayed.
2) I fail to connect to my server with:
Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a lost of connectivity to the Patch Server. This is usually temporary.

When my eqhost file is pointing to my server and I have this problem, but when I change the file back to eqemulator.net:5998 everything works fine connecting to other servers.

I saw previous posts with similar problems and people posted that they fixed it, but didn't say how. Please help...this is driving me nuts.

OscarGrouch05
02-01-2010, 05:40 AM
1. you have 0 of 0 is correct .. as trevius told me that isn't important it will still let you log in.

2. unknown might check over ini files, check your port settings, wait for world to loaded up before login to server. or change your ports to 5998 and see if that helps.

OscarGrouch05
02-04-2010, 07:15 PM
just a word of advice when they do all winks they left out 2 important steps
1. php-5.3.1 php setup and config settings i got from cavedude site 80)
2. apache_2.2.14-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
3. ActivePerl-5.10.1.1006-MSWin32-x86-291086.msi- i'm going to try running both perl's perl58.dll and perl510.dll don't forget to copy perl5.8.7.exe file and perl58.dll it should work on all clinet's now 80)

word of advice that don't make login server work so you can see the expanshion's that a whole new steps when i can reproduce what i did to get that working i'll post an update.

PEQ Editor Installation Guide for Dummies*
=============================
*This guide is in no way, shape, or form related to, or endorsed by the writers of other 'Dummies' books, nor am I calling you a dummy for using it... The name just sounded amusing
=============================
This guide assumes you already have MySQL and EQEmu Installed on your system. If you do not, please do that first.

-Install Apache 2.2.3 with all the default options. Set your server ip address to "localhost" without the quotes obviously.

When the installation is complete:
Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Control Apache Server -> Stop
this will stop the server from running.

-Install PHP 4.4.4 with a standard installation. I suggest using the default path of "C:\PHP" for the install directory. When Prompted, select "Apache" from the list of platforms. Ignore the message telling you that you need to manually configure apache... we know that already

-Once PHP4.4.4 is installed, browse to c:\php and create 2 new folders.
Folder 1 should be named "upload"
Folder 2 should be named "session"

-Create a new folder on your C: drive called "www"

-Extract the contents of the PEQ Editor 1.0 zip file to the new folder ('www')

-Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Configure Apache Server -> Edit the Apache httpd.conf Configuration File
If prompted to choose a program to open it with, select Wordpad (or notepad, but wordpad is usually easier to use).

At the top add the following (you may copy and paste it if you are lazy like me )

Code:

#PHP 4.4.4 config
ScriptAlias /php/ "C:/php/"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
Action application/x-httpd-php "/php/php.exe"

Now hit CTRL-F to open the find window and type in: ServerName

Make sure the line found looks like this:

Code:

ServerName localhost:80

If not, change it so it does.

Scroll down about 6 lines to where it says "DocumentRoot", make sure that line looks like this:

Code:

DocumentRoot "C:/www"

if not... fix it

Scroll down about 10 lines and you will see something to the extent of this, but not word for word...

Code:

<Directory />
Options FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Directory>

We want to replace it with the following:

Code:

<Directory />
Options All
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Just copy/paste that over top of the existing block... you need it to be exactly the same as what I wrote.
Scroll down about another 10 lines and you will find:

Code:

<Directory "C:/www">
#bunch of commented lines starting with #
Options (bunch of options)
#bunch more commented lines
and more junk here and so on
</Directory>

Just highlight everything from the <Directory "C:/www"> to the </Directory> making sure to highlight both of those lines as well and paste the following over top:

Code:

<Directory "C:/www">
Options All
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

Doing that is somewhat redundant as far as apache is concerned, but in the event you ever mess around in .htaccess files or the config file later, you have less of a chance of screwing it up

-Now save the file and close wordpad.

-Browse to c:\php (where we installed php and made those 2 folders earlier)

-Open the file named "php.ini" using wordpad and hit CTRL-F to open the find window
Search for "session".

The highlighted line should say: session.save_path="C:\Documents and Settings\blahblahblah....\upload"
and the one above it should say something like: upload_tmp_dir="C:\Documents and Settings\blahblahblah....\session"

Anyone with 2 brain cells can see that someone at PHP pulled an oopsey when they set the default session folder to "upload" and vice versa. Although this won't actually make a difference in the performance of PHP/Apache it is somewhat amusing. Regardless, to keep things clean, we want to store our session data in the same folder as our php crap so change those 2 lines to:

Code:

upload_tmp_dir="c:/php/upload"
session.save_path="c:/php/session"

Now save the file, close wordpad.

Click Start -> All Programs -> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.3 -> Control Apache Server -> Start
This will restart the Apache Server

Click Start -> Run.
Type in "cmd" to open the command prompt window.
Type: cd\ (hit enter)
(any of you who actually typed (hit enter)... i really don't know how you made it this far lol)
you should now see: C:>
type: mysql -u root mysql -p
it will prompt you for your root password. this is whatever you set it as when you installed mysql.
once your password is accepted you will be in the mysql prompt, which looks like this: mysql>
Enter the following command

Code:

\. c:\www\sql\schema.sql

IF YOU ARE UPGRADING FROM AN OLD
VERSION YOU DO NOT NEED TO RUN
THE NEXT COMMAND!!!
Only for those who are doing a fresh install of PEQ Editor 1.0...
Enter the following command:

Code:

\. c:\www\sql\allspells.sql

Thats it ladies and gents. Open up Firefox or whatever web browser you use... and type the following address into your address bar:

Code:

localhost/index.php

The username and password should already be set for you. Just submit and have fun editing!

-Aerewen

Oogbar
02-21-2010, 07:18 AM
Ok, i got 2 little Q's to ask, involving the guide, and what OS was used in its creation... #1 for Vale; what OS are you running? #2 for those who succeeded in creating a server; What OS are you running? I am running Windows XP home addition, and when i get to the part of running the "Run" program, that brings up a text base command thing, and type in the things the guide says to type in 'I.E. ipconfig, cod\peq_db *not even cod works, CMD perhaps?*, \u pew *everything till this point is peQ, where'd the W come from?*' it just goes to the next line, tabbed over, like "Wtf? meh... /ignore command" ... Could this be a difference in OS's, somehow incorrect following of instructions *despite ocd*, or maybe my usual luck with ONLY my stuff doing things that are far beyond even impossibly messed up?

OscarGrouch05
02-21-2010, 08:03 AM
well at the time i'm now running windows 7 ultimate, when i made that work was in windows nt 4.0 or windows xp pro it's all the same... when you type ipconfig you type it in the run command, if you want to really have fun with xp goto c:\windows\system32\ click on the icon gpedit click on administrative templates, network 80) if you understand a server your in luck now. alot of goodies in that program gpedit. if your going to setup a true server might want to use linux system for best results

Kobaz
02-22-2010, 01:21 AM
since the W key is next to the Q key on a qwerty keyboard, I'm pretty sure that pew is just a typo for peq. Look at your keyboard (unless you are using dvorak).

Eva Aisling
02-25-2010, 12:48 AM
I didn't understand instructions at #10 on how to use heidisql, so I used method suggested by this user:

I used a CL (command line) input into mysql for this:

Click on START, RUN and type CMD, this will pull up a command line interface

Next, type (without quotes): "mysql -u root -p"
Enter your password when prompted

Type "\u peq" and hit ENTER

Then you are able to type in the sql query, hit ENTER and it should work. Hope that helps =)...

I ended up with this error:
ERROR 1146 (42S02): Table 'peq.tblloginserveraccounts' doesn't exist
mysql>

Any input or advise would be greatly appreciated! :)

OscarGrouch05
02-25-2010, 08:58 PM
Eva Aising what Step 10 was telling you! if you saved the file EQEmuLoginServerDBInstall.sql copy and past it to C:\Program Files\HeidiSQL\data\peq

Eva Aisling
03-03-2010, 01:27 PM
copy and past it to C:\Program Files\HeidiSQL\data\peq
That folder does not exist on my computer, but thanks for trying to help! I just didn't know what a query was or why I was executing it and generally didn't know wtf was going on in heidi, but I understand now.

When I try to input the command into mysql prompt directly, I still get error stated in my post above. Heidisql reports that the row was affected and doesn't give me an error message. I assume that it worked just fine.

Whenever I use my start.bat, I almost immediately get a message saying that I cannot connect to login server. Error 10061. If anyone knows anything about dyndns or why I'm not able to connect to my own host server, please post here or send a PM to help. I have been searching for over a week now and can't get this working. I'm almost certain I completed the tutorial correctly and am just not getting a connection to dydns.

Eva Aisling
03-04-2010, 11:50 AM
I finally got it working through some advice from other threads and a whole lot of trial and error. Here's the thread with my config file: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30723

Oogbar
03-12-2010, 01:14 AM
SOAB!! Not being anywhere near C++ certed *i'm lucky enough to know how to even get Disk defrag to run, let alone how to play eq...*, payed UBER SUPER close attention to exactly what WAS TYPED into the pictures on the guide, and typed in what was typed in, not what i was being told to! I.E.: Instead of COD\PEQ_DB, it was CD\PEQ_DB!!! *Smashes head on keyboard* oogbar duuuum! oogbar smash dum...

SolidShake
07-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Revision774-Bots.zip
is currently not on the Google code site,
if anyone could reupload it that would be awesome!

Knotthead
07-17-2010, 05:33 PM
#4 (B) and (C) do not seem to work for me.

A) Then type: source peqdb_Rev859.sql; (actually used peqdb1589 as that is what downloaded through SVN for me)
This worked just fine for me.

B) Then type: source load_player.sql;
ERROR: Failed to open file 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.sql', error2
About 60 of these errors pop up.

C) Then type: source load_bots.sql;
ERROR: Failed to open file 'xxxxxxxxxxxx.sql', errror 2
7 errors of this type pop up.

The .sql files are in MYSQL\bin folder.
Load_bots.sql is 1KB in size.
Load_player.sql is 3KB in size.

I used the SVN update as instructed in the guide and it downloaded peqdb_1589.sql RAR file for me. I extracted and moved all the .sql files to the MYSQL\bin folder as instructed earlier in this thread.

I should not be getting these errors when I try to source the player and bot .sql
Anyone else run into this and maybe a workaround?

blackdragonsdg
07-17-2010, 06:19 PM
You can not type source peqdb_rev1589.sql at the cl and expect it to work as you are missing the file path.

Example of usage:

source D:/MYSQL/bin/peqdb_rev1589.sql

When sourcing in the load_bots.sql, load_player.sql and so on you have to open the files and add the file paths to each line so the program knows where to look for each file.

Knotthead
07-17-2010, 07:32 PM
Thanks Black,

I have absolutely no experience using C++, MYSQL, Pearl, etc. I am a total noob at programming.

when I am entering each line 1 at a time I get a result -
Query OK, 0 rows affected <0.00 sec>

Is this the results I am looking for?
Thanks for the help

blackdragonsdg
07-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Yes, you could definitely see that once, twice, or not at all but that will depend on what it is that you are sourcing in.

You are entering each line one at a time? Each line meaning load_player.sql or the contents of load_player.sql? You seem to be on the right path but there might have been a slight misunderstanding.

So just to make sure we are on the same page. This is an example of what I meant before.

Contents of load_player.sql
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/aa_timers.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/account.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/account_ip.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/account_rewards.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/adventure_details.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/adventure_members.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/adventure_stats.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/Banned_IPs.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/bugs.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/buyer.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/char_recipe_list.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/character_.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/character_activities.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/character_enabledtasks.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/character_tasks.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/character_backup.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/chatchannels.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/commands.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/completed_tasks.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/db_version.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/eventlog.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/faction_values.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/friends.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/gm_ips.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/group_id.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/group_leaders.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/guild_bank.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/guild_members.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/guild_ranks.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/guild_relations.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/guilds.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/hackers.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/inventory.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/instance_lockout.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/instance_lockout_player.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/keyring.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/launcher.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/launcher_zones.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/mail.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/merchantlist_temp.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/name_filter.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/object_contents.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/petitions.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/player_corpses.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/player_corpses_backup.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/player_titlesets.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/quest_globals.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/raid_details.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/raid_members.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/reports.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/respawn_times.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/rule_sets.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/rule_values.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/sharedbank.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/spell_globals.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/timers.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/trader.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/trader_audit.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/variables.sql;
source D:/Everquest/SVN/PEQ Database/player_tables/zone_flags.sql;

Your load_player.sql should look something like that and if it does then a simple sourcing of load_player.sql will source in all of those files.

Knotthead
08-23-2010, 10:33 PM
OK, I've got everything compiled and installed.

Using minilogin on localhost only (127.0.0.1), so I have that IP address in all the correct spots.

I double click on my Serverstart.bat link and this error comes up with the c:\eqemu\eqlaunch.exe

[DEBUG] Starting log: logs/eqemu_debug_5744.log
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Loading server configuration..
[DEBUG] [NET__WORLD] WorldConnection connect: Connecting to the server 127.0.0.1:9000 failed: TCPConnection::Connect(): connect() failed. Error 10061
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER__ERROR] worldserver.Connect() FAILED! Will retry.
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER__INIT] Starting main loop...

Just for giggles, I fire up my EQ game and login to only to find a blank server select screen.
I'm so close to playing on my own server I can taste it. What am I missing here that is causing me not to be able to connect my world sever?

Thanks for the help!
Knotthead

Nibor
08-30-2010, 02:23 PM
When following this guide exactly this is what happens

1) Download and install Tortoise SVN∞.
After it's installed, navigate to your MySQL installation folder. In that directory, you should see a folder named bin - this is where you'll download the database to.

2) Right-click the folder and select SVN Checkout.
In the new window that pops up, where it says URL of Repository at the top, paste in:

http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder.

Problems:
If you Install Mysql (Custom) and check C Include Files / Lib Files
you will recieve a warning that there are already files in the bin folder.

Also
When importing the database to the bin folder this way (currently rev1589) it creates the follow file path C:mysql/bin/projecteqdb/peqdatabase causing a failure at step 4a in the guide

A) Then type: source peqdb_Rev859.sql; (rev1589 in my case)
and press Enter.

I'm guessing since peqdb_rev1589.sql is not directly the bin folder and ends up in the peqdatabase folder ?

Nibor
08-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Hopefully somebody can update it with regard to correct file/folder pathing so it works. I guess I need guide for dummies. *sigh* since I can't even get past step 4A

blackdragonsdg
08-30-2010, 04:47 PM
Nibor the guides are just that guides they are not perfect. The step you are stuck at probably needs to be cleaned up a bit. Try this, create a folder called peqdatabase on your C: drive. Then repeat this part:

2) Right-click the folder and select SVN Checkout.
In the new window that pops up, where it says URL of Repository at the top, paste in:

http://projecteqdb.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder.

When you do that it should download the entire database. After that completes navigate to the C:\peqdatabase\ directory and unzip the file called peqdb_rev1589.sql to your C: drive.

Open up the mysql command line utility and login then type the following lines pressing enter after each one.

CREATE DATABASE peq;
use peq
source C:/peqdb_rev1589.sql

If you did everything correctly you will see a whole bunch of text scrolling down the mysql window. After that finishes navigate to the C:\peqdatabase directory and locate the files named load_player.sql and bots.sql

You will need to open both files with notepad and complete the file paths contained within. By default load_player.sql will look something like this.

source player_tables/aa_timers.sql;
source player_tables/account.sql;
source player_tables/account_ip.sql;

You will need to modify it to look something like this

source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/aa_timers.sql;
source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/account.sql;
source C:/peqdatabase/player_tables/account_ip.sql;

Then do the same thing with the bots.sql file.

Afterwards you need to source both files into mysql. Login to mysql and type

source C:/peqdatabase/load_player.sql

then press enter...after that finishes repeat the process for load_bots.sql

Now after that your database should be loaded.

Nibor
08-30-2010, 07:08 PM
I figured it out and get up to step 7 with no problems at all but then it gets a bit sketchy since I couldn't find the file eqemulogin.ini anywhere but did find a file login.ini .. used that and edited it when i got to step 13..

[database]
host = localhost
port = 3306
db = peq
user = root
password = square
subsystem = MySQL

[options]
unregistered_allowed = TRUE
reject_duplicate_servers = FALSE
trace = TRUE
world_trace = true
dump_packets_in = True
dump_packets_out = True
listen_port = 5998
local_network = 192.168.2.4

anyway I went on and followed the rest of the guide to step 12 with no problems where i get lost again because I have no idea what my dyndns address is , where or how that info, any suggestions?

anyway I went ahead and finished the guide without that info and in the end when i run my startup.bat i get connecting to the server failed error 10061
launcher error world server connect Failed

blackdragonsdg
08-30-2010, 11:47 PM
When the guide refers to server.dyndns.org it is a website or service people use to simplify configuring ip addresses. If you know the ip address of your modem then use it as it will accomplish the same thing.

Bransen
08-31-2010, 05:51 PM
Ok, I feel a little dumb for even asking this, but I have set up my server with no problems at all. Everything works as it should, except I don't have GM privileges in the game. I have tried changing the ServerAdminID variable from 1 to match my loginid, but it doesn't work. Any help would be appreciated.

joligario
08-31-2010, 06:16 PM
Assuming your account is the first one, you can do this from a mysql prompt:
UPDATE account SET status = 250 WHERE id = 1;

Bransen
09-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Thank you, that worked a treat.

Bransen
09-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok, so I have everything working perfectly on my local lan, but I told my brother about eqemu who lives across the country from me and now he wants to play with me on my server. I looked up a bunch of stuff on this site, but am still having problems. Here are the steps I took:

-I went to dyndns.org and made a free dyndns server pointing to my ip.

-I went to my router and used its dyndns settings to connect it to the dyndns server. (It told me Update OK when I checked the status)

-I went into the equemuconfig.xml and changed address and loginserver.host to the new dyndns server.

-I went into eqhost file and changed it to point to dyndns server.

I ran my server and everything seems to run normally, except the login server. I could not log in from my client. I do not know if this is significant, but when I changed my eqhost back to my local ip I could login, but could not see the server. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

EDIT: Found an error message in my world.exe window saying could not connect to login server: censored.dydns.org:5998

joligario
09-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Did you change your windows host file to point your dyndns to your computer holding your server?

Bransen
09-04-2010, 05:31 PM
how do I go about doing that? I found the windows host file, but I'm not sure what to put... do I put my local ip 192.168.1.1 then censored.dyndns.org? Sorry for all the questions, I haven't worked with servers at all before this.

Bransen
09-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Ok, I found a post on how to do that, but it still doesn't work. My world.exe window still says it cannot connect to my login server at censored.dyndns.org any other ideas?

Bransen
09-04-2010, 10:36 PM
I finally gave in and hosted it on eqemu, it seems to work fine now. No clue what the issue was. Thank you for all the help :)

tzu-theory
09-05-2010, 11:54 PM
I am getting stuck on the following, highlighted in bold. What file is this and where is it found? I admit my naivete but I appear to be so close :D

11.) Setting up the world server. Here's the sql file to make the world server entry.

Again, the red text is what you want to modify with your server name.
NameOfServer is the actual name of the server.
ShortNameOfServer is the shortname for client files in your game directory (i.e. UI_Soandso_ShortNameOfServer.ini).
ServerTagDescription is what you will see in parenthesis after the server's name - i.e. NameOfServer(Come and have fun!)
The green number 2 signifies what kind of server it is. 1 = Legends, 2 = Preferred, 3 = Standard.

Capheus
09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
The .ini files that show up in your EQ directory won't show up until you have logged in with a character. If you know what name you are going to use, you can copy/rename a different .ini file to keep the same UI and settings. There are two files.

Capheus_PEQTGC.ini
UI_Capheus_PEQTGC.ini

The PEQTGC represents the short name of the server. So if my short name was Myworld, I would copy/rename the files as:

Capheus_Myworld.ini
UI_Capheus_Myworld.ini

When I looged into my new server, or any server depending on how you/they named it, I would have the same setup as I did for the PEQ server.

I am guessing you setup your database to use PEQLoginDB for your database name. If you want to easily see the contents, I would suggest getting Navicat lite or HeidiSQL to see the contents.

tzu-theory
09-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Thanks Capheus!

Now, unfortunately, I am being plagued with a perl510.dll error :rolleyes:

One day I'll figure all of this out :D

Capheus
09-06-2010, 08:18 AM
You are gonna want to get ActivePerl 5.10.0.1007.

Timp
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM

any help would be greatgot it thanks

I know this was posted a year ago, but what was your solution to number 2? Or anyone else know how to solve it? I am having the same problem with error 1017.

xdejekx
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
Timp - for part #2 - how are you trying to host the server to be seen on the internet?

Im going to assume a router is in the whole setup, what kind of router do you have?

Sometimes routers have a NAT filter setup (Network allocation table) - so it makes all computers on that routers LAN pretty much invisible for a lot of applications. Essentially. I dont know if you have solved this yet, but whats an update?

Anyhow, my problem im having is.. is getting microsoft visual C++ 2008 AND 2010 (Express) to actually work with compiling the source code. So many errors, ahhg. I have spent countless hours tracking down the error, fixing it,and another one pops up. Rinse and repeat. Does anybody have any other programs they can recommend?

lerxst2112
12-26-2010, 09:51 PM
First, stick with 2008. It works, and 2010 may not.

Second, follow all of the steps carefully for setting up the include and library directories, and make sure you use the proper versions of Perl and MySQL, and you shouldn't have to fix any errors, it just works.

Without you telling us what errors you're seeing we'd be guessing at any problems you might have. My advice is go back and double check all of the settings first, try and compile, and if you still have trouble post the actual errors you are getting.

xdejekx
12-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Without you telling us what errors you're seeing we'd be guessing at any problems you might have. My advice is go back and double check all of the settings first, try and compile, and if you still have trouble post the actual errors you are getting.

Ok, this was just for EMuShareMem, the others had many fun returns as well.
--- Edit - Perhaps its because I am using DEV-CPP version of unistd.h? It aparently doesnt come stock with any of the referenced files from the guide. Its acting as if its not native to my system with the files needed that I downloaded from the guide too :( ---

1>------ Build started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\EMu ShareMem\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>EMuShareMem - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
2>------ Build started: Project: World, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>Compiling...
2>packet_functions.cpp
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>misc.cpp
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
2>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
2>client.cpp
2>Generating Code...
2>Creating browse information file...
2>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
2>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\Wor ld\Release\BuildLog.htm"
2>World - 6 error(s), 0 warning(s)
3>------ Build started: Project: Zone, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
3>Compiling...
3>packet_functions.cpp
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
3>misc.cpp
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
3>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
3>client_process.cpp
3>client_packet.cpp
3>Generating Code...
3>Creating browse information file...
3>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.30729
3>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\Zon e\Release\BuildLog.htm"
3>Zone - 8 error(s), 0 warning(s)
4>------ Build started: Project: eqlaunch, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
4>Compiling...
4>packet_functions.cpp
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>misc.cpp
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
4>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
4>Generating Code...
4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\eql aunch\Release\BuildLog.htm"
4>eqlaunch - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
5>------ Build started: Project: ucs, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
5>Compiling...
5>packet_functions.cpp
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
5>misc.cpp
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C2144: syntax error : 'int' should be preceded by ';'
5>C:\Dev-Cpp\include\unistd.h(24) : error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int
5>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\ucs \Release\BuildLog.htm"
5>ucs - 4 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

ok,i edited unistd.h. it DID show this:
int ftruncate(int, off_t);
__CRT_INLINE int ftruncate(int __fd, off_t __length)

So i took out the space to...:
(int__fd,...)

and that error didnt come up, but i got:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'EMuShareMem', configuration 'Release|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>timer.cpp
1>SharedLibrary.cpp
1>Mutex.cpp
1>debug.cpp
1>Spells.cpp
1>SkillCaps.cpp
1>Opcodes.cpp
1>NPCTypes.cpp
1>NPCFactionLists.cpp
1>MMF.cpp
1>.\MMF.cpp(325) : warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
1>Loot.cpp
1>Items.cpp
1>Doors.cpp
1>DLLMain.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1> Creating library .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.lib and object .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.exp
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0003 : Error spawning 'mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\EQEMUSVNFILES\EQemu\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build\EMu ShareMem\Release\BuildLog.htm"
1>EMuShareMem - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

--- Yet, another EDIT - OK! I found mt.exe in the microsoft SDK Files, which was NOT referenced in the Executable Files section in my config. Behold:
1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: EMuShareMem, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'EMuShareMem', configuration 'Release|Win32'
1>Compiling...
1>timer.cpp
1>SharedLibrary.cpp
1>Mutex.cpp
1>debug.cpp
1>Spells.cpp
1>SkillCaps.cpp
1>Opcodes.cpp
1>NPCTypes.cpp
1>NPCFactionLists.cpp
1>MMF.cpp
1>.\MMF.cpp(325) : warning C4532: 'return' : jump out of __finally block has undefined behavior during termination handling
1>Loot.cpp
1>Items.cpp
1>Doors.cpp
1>DLLMain.cpp
1>Generating Code...
1>Linking...
1> Creating library .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.lib and object .\../Build/EMuShareMem/EMuShareMem.exp
1>Embedding manifest...
1>EMuShareMem - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Lets hope I can get this ball rolling. Hopefully this process gives others insight if they have similar problems!

lerxst2112
12-27-2010, 01:24 AM
Why would you be using any files from dev-cpp? It will compile with a completely standard Visual C++ installation as long as you set the include paths for Perl and MySQL properly.

xdejekx
12-27-2010, 10:19 PM
Why would you be using any files from dev-cpp? It will compile with a completely standard Visual C++ installation as long as you set the include paths for Perl and MySQL properly.

Ahh yeah, I guess it was a little off thinking to try using that one when it was with dev-cpp. Anyhow, well, I can honestly say I was a stickler for following the guide - so just for kicks, where SHOULD I be able to locate unistd.h?

lerxst2112
12-27-2010, 11:00 PM
I'm really not sure why you think you need that file. It isn't necessary to compile on Windows, only Linux.

If you use Visual Studio 2008 (or possibly 2010), open the solution, and hit compile it should just work as long as you have set up the additional include/library directories for MySQL and Perl.

xdejekx
12-31-2010, 01:08 AM
So, I put together one of my old XP machines, downloaded everything, and its all going smoothly. Im going to poke at my Vista machine, maybe even just finally upgrade to 7 on it. Lots of junk in there anyhow. Ill turn this XP machine into a dedicated server too, i think it will work better that way :) Ty for your help!

========== Rebuild All: 5 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Umlaut
04-09-2011, 06:48 PM
Ok, another total Emu newb here.
Trying to follow the guide on the wiki, but it seems to be a little outdated.
This is going to sound completely nitpicky, but when I am trying to follow a guide to do something I know nothing about, I need total Captain Dummy instructions.
You know, type this, change to this directory, type this, move this file to this directory, etc, etc...
That said, I thank you for all the time and trouble you have gone through to write this guide up for everyone.

The first thing I noticed different is when I download the latest rev, EQEmu-Rev1874-Bots.zip, it didn't have a Build folder in it, just files, and a sql_updates folder.
Not a problem, I unpacked it into a seperate folder.
Next, got tortoise svn installed.
Rightclicked on the c:\mysql\bin folder and did the svn checkout step.
Put the correct url in the top line for the repository.
Then the next line was a little unclear: "The line under that where it says Checkout directory: is the location of the folder you are downloading it to - keep an eye on that to make sure it's the correct folder."
I was unsure what this meant, and how was I supposed to know if it was the correct folder or not?
Was it supposed to checkout to \mysql\bin, or was I supposed to leave the default folder in the line: C:\MySQL\bin\projecteqdb ?
I tried leaving it the default, and also tried changing it to download to just: C:\MySQL\bin.
Ok, the next step is where I am stopped.
I started mysql command line.
Created the database.
Use peq.
Then when I tried to enter the next command, source peqdb_rev1751.sql , I get:
ERROR:
Failed to open file 'peqdb_rev1751.sql', error: 2

I noticed that if I moved to .sql files to the bin folder, the command worked, but is that what I am supposed to do?

Thanks!

Umlaut
04-10-2011, 03:07 AM
Ok, had the time to read back through the other 10 pages, and found the answer on page 8 on how to use the source command and use the path to the file.
Sorry, had no idea.
I will continue on again.
Thanks!

eski2
05-03-2011, 04:20 AM
Yeah i find that "build" folder worrying as i am supposed to "Copy the EQEMuLoginServer.exe to your server folder. " and i'm thinking, well, without a "build" folder, will the folder created by extraction (C:\eq\EQEmu-Rev1874-Bots(1)) do?

Andrew80k
05-04-2011, 11:44 PM
You should be able to run it right out of the extraction folder. You'll of course need things like the map files, quest files, etc, but everything you need to run the server should be included in the zip files, including sql updates. I'll take a look at the guide and reconcile that with the windows builds from the downloads directory. I create them so I guess I should at least make the guide correct.

Shadow33
08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
I have done all and did the DLs and i yet to see peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz at all the only thing i got is db_dump to use with winrar and help to getting this would be great thx

Emmeric
08-24-2011, 08:19 PM
I have done all and did the DLs and i yet to see peqdb_Rev781.sql.gz at all the only thing i got is db_dump to use with winrar and help to getting this would be great thx

I had the same issue. I was told to make sure the file extensions are shown. While in that folder, go into your Tools, Folder Options, View and make sure Hide File extensions is unchecked.

You can check it again later.

This will show your .sql file (db_dump.sql) and that is what you use.

smcallister88
01-11-2012, 05:33 PM
Upon launching the login server, at the end, i get:

[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: SELECT max(ServerID) FROM tblworldserverregisteration
[Database] [1.11.12 - 00:31:38] Mysql query failed: UPDATE tblworldserverregisteration SET ServerLastLoginDate = now(), ServerLastIPAddr = '127.0.0.1' where ServerID = 0

Where would be a good place to start looking? I checked out login.ini and eqemulogin.ini so far both look perfect...

smcallister88
01-11-2012, 07:12 PM
**UPDATE** Fixed it myself =)

FirestormXL
01-17-2012, 03:39 AM
Step 10.) I'm very frustrated because now I have a .SQL file sitting on my desktop and still no way to either log in or create an account. Some instruction on how you can possibly use a rogue .SQL or what the heck it's for would be excellent.

I've been gone for about 2/3 years and so much has changed, this used to be incredibly easy.

lerxst2112
01-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Assuming you're using HeidiSQL as instructed in the guide it is the same as the part of step 9 concerning importing a sql file.

Make sure the peqlogindb is the active database and import the file. You'll probably want to edit the username/password/e-mail from the default before you do so. Step 11 is the same, you want to save that to a file with your information in it and then import it.

There's probably a way to just paste it into a query window in HeidiSQL and execute it, but as I don't use that program I'm not sure what the exact steps would be.

FirestormXL
01-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Edi: Attempting

Noport
02-24-2012, 01:14 PM
If you don't have a Ls account please get one or more if needed! Goto http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/profile.php?do=loginserver Note: you should see a numbers all numbers xxxxxx wright it down so you can remember them. Goto peq database account under the users name you'll see Isaccount_Id put in the xxxxxxx numbers from eqemulogin server Change veriables in database to Public Must use EQEmuLoginServer.exe for this to work online. Look for your Server to be listed at http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist Login using your client change your eqhost.txt eqemulator.net:5998 put in your lsaccount you just created username and password into client and login so you can see all the other servers on the list and you should see your server online. Download Navicat 8.xx http://www.navicat.com/download/navicat8_mysql_en.exe Navicat is used for editing your peq database the softwear your talking about is old out dated use Navicat 80)

Caryatis
02-24-2012, 01:59 PM
The Wright brothers used softwear on the wings of their plane.

Noport
02-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Let me send my Me109 over

thalasai
03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
I want to make a lan server for only the first 10 expansions (titanium edition) will this guide work for that? i noticed it was talking about keeping quests and such updated with tortoisesvn. i just like the old school expansions =) thanks in advance

moltke24
04-26-2014, 08:59 PM
If other people outside of your LAN are trying to connect, their eqhost.txt file should read:
Quote:
[LoginServer]

ive been trying to get my friends to connect to my server.

they can connect when they are in my house. they cannot when they are their houses

they get disconnected back to the log in screen when they are trying to connect.

here are my IPs
INTERNAL IP address: 192.168.x.x
INTERNAL IP address: 25.46.53.1xx
ROUTERS IP Address: 192.168.x.x
EXTERNAL IP address: 75.114.228.xx

do i have them type in one of my IPs like you said here?

Quote:
[LoginServer]

so should their thing say

Host=25.46.53.1xx ?

Uleat
04-26-2014, 10:27 PM
This thread is over 2 years old... MANY things have changed since this was active.

The 'Host=server.dyndns.org:5998' reference is set to indicate that you are running a private login server AND are using a url translation service to
provide a stable address for your dynamic isp address.

The only way an external computer will be able to communicate with your internal one is if THEY use the EXTERNAL IP address: 75.114.228.xx. Just
make sure that your full address is filled in for the clients.

You will need to use the LAN address for the computer that is running the server. 192.168.xx.xx is the appropriate ip..not the router's, but the computer's.

You will also need to ensure that port-forwarding is enabled on the router so that packets received at 75.114.228.xx will be 'forwarded' through the NAT
and received at 192.168.xx.xx.

The proper addressing and port-forwarding is necessary regardless of whether running a private login server or not.

IF you are not running a private server, then the clients need to point their logins to the EQEmu login server..but, your server still needs to be setup to
receive packets from the outside..from both the eqemu login server and the clients. Port-forwarding and configuration are the keys here.

Mistersmiles
05-28-2016, 12:28 AM
The URL in OP does not seem to be valid:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ

Uleat
05-28-2016, 06:25 PM
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=230027&postcount=160

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showpost.php?p=249028&postcount=4

This thread is even older than the one in the second link...

And we haven't been on '.net' for an even longer time...

This should always be your starting point: http://wiki.eqemulator.org/i?M=Wiki