PDA

View Full Version : NPC Appearance

sirjason99
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to alter an NPC appearance by giving it gear, but it doesn't keep the gear appearance for the NPC I give it to. I even added said items to the NPC's loot table and made sure the equip check box was checked and still after a zone reboot or a server reboot it defaults back to the nude model for whatever race.

Am I missing something here? I added the loot via PEQ and summoned the gear in game first to get a match of what I want, but regardless it won't stay with that appearance.

trevius
07-31-2009, 05:57 PM
If you do a #npcstats command, do you see the gear in it's loot table? Also, to change appearance doesn't require adding loot anymore. You can set the weapon models for primary and secondary by setting those fields in the npc_types table. You can also set the armor texture by setting the texture field in that table and even set the tint of the armor set there. There is also an npc_types_tint where you can create custom tint sets for armor and assign the set to the npc to have different tints in any slot you want. For facial features, you can set them all manually, or you can use the #randomfeatures command. The, just use "#npcedit featuresave" to save all feature changes.