PDA

View Full Version : Instant LD

addar
09-02-2002, 08:26 PM
Am I the only one having a problem with immediatly going LD upon entering world? Everything works fine for me I can create a char and everything and even enter the world but immediatly upon spawning I am LD and can't seem to recover. Call me crazy but I think its a little hard to play around if you can't stay connected. This is beginning to annoy the shit out of me, I'm beginning to wonder why the hell this is being released if it doesn't work properly. Am currently using eqemu's login server because the minilogin doesn't work with 0.3.5 ...Will there be a new minilogin in the future? Please someone help me in getting this thing working and letting me stay connected.

-- Edit --

here is my files:

LoginServer.ini:

[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqlogin1.eqemu.net
loginserver2=eqlogin2.eqemu.net
loginport=5999
loginport2=5999
worldname=Mirage's Test
locked=false
account=
password=
worldaddress=208.180.189.52

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=
Unavailzone=

db.ini:

[Database]
host=localhost
user=eqemu
password=****
database=eq

boot5zones.bat:

REM:--------------Start-----------------------

@echo off
start zone.exe . 208.180.189.52 7995 localhost
start zone.exe . 208.180.189.52 7996 localhost
start zone.exe . 208.180.189.52 7997 localhost
start zone.exe . 208.180.189.52 7998 localhost
start zone.exe . 208.180.189.52 7999 localhost
exit
cls

REM:---------------END------------------------

Note: I have tried using my real IP at the end along with 127.0.0.1 and localhost with no luck on all 3. Maybe someone else can see something I'm doing wrong that I am not seeing. I have logged into other servers using 0.3.5 just fine without going LD but when logging into my own I am LD immediatly upon entering world and all I can do is stare at the meter go down and turn red then get the "You have been disconnected" screen and back to character select. If anyone can help please tell me what I need to do.

Lurker_005
09-03-2002, 07:57 AM
Paste the contents of the world and zone windows

DeletedUser
09-03-2002, 10:41 PM
/eqdirectory/datarate.txt

for 127.0.0.1/localhost change to 10.0

DeletedUser
09-04-2002, 02:51 AM
If you patched today thats why :P

astemus
09-04-2002, 10:11 AM
Patching is Evil! :D

addar
09-04-2002, 10:35 AM
no I did not patch today, and also I have a backup of my eqdir since the patch before today's just in case something breaks it. Then when things gets fixed I update my backup. Haha with the backup and eqdir combined it uses well over 6 gigs. But anyways... I have changed datarate.txt to 10.0 but is there more than 1 file? you said the one at 127.0.0.1 or something, if there is only one datarate.txt file in eqdir then yes I did change it to 10.0 before trying. Someone said post what was going on in my world and zone windows but I dont know how to make it log to a file before all the info is scrolled off the screen, anyway I did not see anything interesting on this screen except where it said Sending list of guilds, nextline was Client disconnected. If someone can tell me how to make the windows begin logging to a file I can easily post what is being said rather than going back and forth through windows typing it all down ;)

Kolo
09-05-2002, 02:51 PM
You can run world.exe from a command line:

"World.exe >> World.log"

This will not show anything on your screen that comes up but dumps everything to the world.log file. The >> appends, so if you run it twice, it will add to the old log. Use one > to just create a new log. (ie: "World.exe > World.log")

I tried the zone servers (albeit, not very thoroughly) and these dont seem to want to dump to logs. Maybe it's the way they are written.

Servomomo
09-07-2002, 02:04 PM
addar I have exactly the same problem as you do.... I can log in to my own server or anyone elses and I instantly go LD. I haven't investigated it further as of this moment just wanted you to know your not the only one.

Servo