PDA

View Full Version : Wayfarer message

tekasmaximus
08-05-2009, 02:10 PM
I am playing around with an emulator and want to delete the Wayfarer whisper that happens periodically. Does anyone have any experience with this?

steve
08-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Delete the NPC that is saying it or remove the quest file for the NPC.

leslamarch
08-05-2009, 02:24 PM
I am playing around with an emulator and want to delete the Wayfarer whisper that happens periodically. Does anyone have any experience with this?
You need to delete or rename the player.pl in quests/templates/player.pl that will fix it for you.

tekasmaximus
08-05-2009, 03:31 PM
thanks very much!

tekasmaximus
08-06-2009, 01:40 AM
hmm.. did what you suggested and we are still getting that annoying yellow "come visit so and so" message upon zone or log in. Any ideas? All i did was RENAMED_player.pl

KLS
08-06-2009, 01:50 AM
They're likely handled in player.pl zone by zone rather than default. Many of the quest zones likely have them and you'd need to handle it like that for them too.

tekasmaximus
08-06-2009, 02:04 AM
So I would just go through the zones and delete the usage? Sorry for all the Q's as I am new to this! ty for all the help so far!

joligario
08-06-2009, 05:27 AM
They are handled in 2 areas. First, the templates folder is for when you are at level 15 or higher and not in your hometown. The second message is in each of the hometown folders to go visit your wayfarer. Easiest way to get rid of the message is do the quest. Otherwise, delete the templates player.pl and all the hometown player.pl files. Beware, if you just delete them, you might ruin functionality on other zone events such as the greater faydark nexus spires.