PDA

View Full Version : Servers not listing? Networked; screen freezes on server list

wwazman
08-05-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi all

I may have a weirder problem than most...

Up until yesterday I was able to host and play on my EQ server.. today it is showing no server listings.. PERIOD! Worse than that, I have a dual monitor setup, and when I actually get to the server list, the screen freezes up completely for a few (up to 10 - 15) seconds!

First off, I downloaded Nvidia's latest drivers, then I shut down the computer and rebooted. I at first brought up the Ax-classic server gui and tried that (it reported nothing wrong, including the login) but then I closed it to see if that was somehow interfering, and I opened up EQ regularly to log in. Same thing.

I also checked my eqhost file, and it is the same as it always was.

My computer is on a brand new hard drive, and everything else is working
just fine and dandy.

I just tried my other computer from home too, and it can connect and find servers just fine, and it's not freezing.. any ideas on why it would cause my machine to momentarily freeze up?

wwazman
08-05-2009, 03:59 PM
ok, found the solution, so here's what you need to check in the future...

Check and make sure your capacitors on your video card aren't blown! :rolleyes: :shock:

Just got back from the repair shop (nice $5 repair!) and I'm up and running again! :D