PDA

View Full Version : Doors in different Versions

Randymarsh9
08-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I noticed doors don't carry over into different versions of zones, so does anyone know an easy way to create the doors for the new version? I know there's the version field in the doors table, but idk a good way to copy those but change the version.

trevius
08-05-2009, 11:08 PM
I think that when Shendare created the new #object command, he also made a way to copy all objects into different versions of the same zone. He also mentioned maybe making a #door command with the same features at some point.

One way you could do it is just to use Navicat, and sort the doors table by the name of the zones. Then, copy all of the fields from that zone (use CTRL+C) and paste them into something like Notepad where they can be edited easily. Then change the version field to whatever you want and the ID of the entry so they are unique IDs in the table and that should be it. Then just paste all of that data back into the table at the bottom of the table so you don't overwrite anything by mistake.

If the table is auto-encrementing, I am sure you could do a simple copy with a single MySQL query too, but I don't know the query off the top of my head.