PDA

View Full Version : Many Rules not working

KingMort
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure where to check to see which rules aren't loading correctly .. Perhaps the Logs anyway , I'm pretty convinced that the Shielding , Avoidance caps are not working at all.. Also the max characters per IP isn't working either.

AndMetal
08-12-2009, 01:15 PM
The Shielding & Avoidance caps for Items (in addition to all of the other PoP item abilities) was added back when we were still on CVS (4/9/2008 to be specific): http://eqemulator.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/eqemulator/EQEmuCVS/Source/changelog.txt?revision=1.131&view=markup

If you turn on COMBAT__TOHIT & COMBAT__DAMAGE in your logs, that should allow you to see how Avoidance & Shielding, respectively, is affecting chance to his & damage.

trevius
08-12-2009, 05:22 PM
When your server was last updated, I am guessing that Secrets probably reverted the major combat changes for you. Those changes would have required you to do a massive overhaul on all of your content otherwise. But, without those changes, avoidance will be horribly broken and essentially makes it so players with good avoidance only get hit 5% of the time.

With shielding and avoidance set the way they are in the SVN source code, the effect of both of them is much more balanced than they originally were and now work as intended.

KingMort
08-12-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm not too sure what build we are on currently.. Gaeorn has been helping alot to keep us more up to date will have to check with him..

KingMort
08-13-2009, 04:28 PM
We are around Rev 721

So that should have been working right? Well I had it set to 15 but people were GODS..

tried the same content with same gear almost just at 15 and got owned but if I had maybe 20 or 25 then I was a GOD..

gaeorn
08-14-2009, 02:41 AM
We are around Rev 721

Actually, the code you are running is exactly based off of rev 721. However, there was a whole pile of changes done by one person or another that I extracted from your prior code as diffs and applied them en-masse to the new code. I did not review those changes so it is very likely one of them is what is breaking this.

wolfwalkereci
08-14-2009, 05:45 AM
so basically either your a god or you get owned. awsome. try finding a middle ground so its actually fun.

KingMort
08-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Why was this moved to Windows Servers.... I don't host on WINBLOWS!!! Haven't since 2004!