PDA

View Full Version : very strange connection problem

dsolidsnakep
08-16-2009, 03:20 PM
I have recently been unable to log in to the everquest emulator. when i enter username/pword i get "a connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet ocnnection to make sure you are online. If the problem persists, please use our Help link for further assistance." The help link sends me to the sony everquest site, so that doesn't help.
The reason I find this very strange, is that I also can't access eqeumlator.net
I'm typing this from a friend's computer, and I think my ip may have been banned. I can't figure out why this happened or how to fix it, as I don't believe I did anything wrong.

trevius
08-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Did you read this yet?

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29240

dsolidsnakep
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
I had not read it, but I have now and tried the things it suggests. No improvement. The dns flush didn't change anything, I tried making a new Login Account but that work because I can't access the page in the email to activate the account, and I don't know what to do with that IP which it also suggests might be out of date now. My problem feels a little different as well, since not only can I not log on to EQ but this website as well.

trevius
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
The LS and the Website/Forums are hosted on the same Server, so if you can't get to one, you can't get to the other. Normally within 24 hours of a DNS change, the change will trickle down to all DNS servers, so yours should eventually get the update (probably sometime today) and resolve your problem automatically. Until then, your best bet would be to change your DNS server to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 if you want to correct the problem without having to wait for your DNS servers to update.

Depending on which OS you are using, setting the DNS servers statically like that can require different steps. Normally, you should be able to just do the following:

1. On your desktop, right click "My Network Places"
2. Click on "Properties"
3. Right click "Local Area Connection"
4. Click on "Properties"
5. Click on "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)"
6. Click the "Properties" button
7. On the General Tab, click the radial button that says "Use the following DNS server addresses:"
8. For "Preferred DNS Server:" enter "4.2.2.1"
9. For "Alternate DNS Server:" enter "4.2.2.2"
10. Click the "OK" button
11. Close out any windows that were left open from the steps you just took.
12. You are all done.

After that, you should be able to connect just fine.

Melcrin
08-17-2009, 12:21 PM
I've done all of the suggested fixes including the TCP/IP changes and still a no go for me. Is there another hosting IP I can use? Thank you in advance.

knuckles2cloud
08-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I am having all of the same problems... I can not get through into the server list... ever since 2 days ago when server seemed to have gone down my internet has been acting very strange having connection problems with websites especially here eqemulator.net... idk..... just a warning to other people having problems getting in, WRITE DOWN your old primary and secondary dns! i am VERY glad that i did! when i tryed using 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 it caused my internet to stop working all together only once i put the old numbers back in could i get back onto this website.... does anyone else have any ideas? what happened to the login server? i'm still confused as to why this is even happening to some people