PDA

View Full Version : Mouse problems

sarasi
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Hello everyone I seem to have a problem with my mouse. It will not work on the bottom third of the screen in eq emu. This is new but I have not played in a few weeks or so. Can anyone tell me what is wrong. it works fine in other games. i am useing 22 INCH WIDESCREEN monitor and it worked well until today.

trevius
08-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Did you try alt-tabbing out to see if you have a window from some other app that might be set to use that part of the screen? That shouldn't matter for most applications, but some like to take control of the mouse no matter what. Not really sure what else it might be, but if that isn't the case, try rebooting your PC :P

sarasi
08-16-2009, 07:07 PM
I found I had xfire loaded and when I closed it the problem went away. Mybe this will help some folks

docking
09-23-2009, 11:01 PM
I to am having mouse problems. I open the shortcut and where I choose decline or accept... the curser disapears and locks the new one in the upper left corner. I can tab my way around but cant get on a server. any
ideas?

Michael

Sylaei
09-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Docking, off hand, if I remember right, this is an XP issue. The problem seems to be in the full screen mode. If you can get it into a window that should fix the cursor. But you still have the problem in full screen. Do a search on the forums and see if you can come up with anything. All I found was a post I made, I found it to be an XP issue, possibly directx. The windowed mode should work though. Might make sure your pc is patched with the latest patches.

HTH

Tharkun
09-24-2009, 12:07 AM
When i get this issue... is usually from switching focus (alt-tabbing) while EQ loads. Generally I find sucking it up until I get to server select or character select works for me. Once I'm logged into a server I dont recall having the issue.
If the issue persists once in a game... check the EQPlayers forum as at one point there was a problem with the mouse not working on some version of the client and XP. I thought it was pretty much fixed after DON though.