PDA

View Full Version : 1017 Own 0 of 0 expansions

hybrid125
08-17-2009, 12:13 AM
Hola,

I've been tinkering with this for over a week and I keep coming back to the same problem. I've installed EQEmu via this guide : http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ValesEQ. The only thing different is I'm using Perl 5.8.9x instead of 5.10 because when I used 5.10, it would give me the Perl58.dll error. Every time I go to log into the server I created, I get the 1017 error. At the bottom it says I "own 0 of 0 expansions". This happens both locally and when a remote user tries to connect to my server. This is on a fresh XP install with drivers and only the essentials mentioned in the guide to get the game working. This is the 3rd time I've started from scratch and I get the error every time. I'm a network admin and am familiar with how networking works. I have everything forwared properly, ports open, etc. We both have legit versions of EQ Titanium so I'm assuming this is a server configuration error? I'm ready to smash my face into the keyboard. Any thoughts before I do? ....not related to me smashing my face plz

Thanks,
CB

Shiny151
08-17-2009, 12:31 AM
What's strange is I got that error too on some accounts I would create. I kept creating accounts with varying lengths of passwords and usernames until one finally worked. I can't explain it. I don't know if there's some sort of issue with character length or something with accounts or what. I've seen others make posts about account creation on a private server rather buggy or perhaps it is the version of MySQL.

Shin Noir
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Likely has to do with the EQEMULoginserver part. (Step 5) on those instructions. That's just me glancing at least. Expansion info has to do with login server.

But may also want to peek at this since this may give you issues with quests:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws1129r222
The part where it says "Next type the following commands from a command prompt"

ppm install DBI
ppm install IO-stringy

But I think that only gives external library errors during compiling, may give more though unsure.

hybrid125
08-18-2009, 12:16 AM
Thanks for your quick replies. I tried creating multiple accounts, some would not get past the account login screen, the ones that did gave me the same error when I selected my server.

I ran ppm install dbi and io-stringy but they were both installed already from my initial setup.

I cannot find where the expansion-specific information is located. Any insight to that information? I feel like I'm so close to getting it up, yet I keep getting snagged here. I logged into the EQEmulator.net servers just to verify that my client EQ titanium was working properly and it was.

Thanks,
CB

hybrid125
08-18-2009, 01:06 AM
I'd like to make a pdf walkthru, step by step, of what I'm going through to get this setup, just so others have a way of getting through this without crowding the forums. Screenshots and all from a fresh windows xp installation. Maybe Camtasia....my voice sucks though. I've done it so many times it should only take about 30 minutes to make. I need to get past this error first. If someone knows the solution to this please let me know and I'll share my experience and save everyone a lot of time.

Capheus
08-18-2009, 03:37 PM
have you tried to set it up using the public login?

Kinda like it is here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws992mysql5

hybrid125
08-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Likely has to do with the EQEMULoginserver part. (Step 5) on those instructions. That's just me glancing at least. Expansion info has to do with login server.

But may also want to peek at this since this may give you issues with quests:
http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ws1129r222
The part where it says "Next type the following commands from a command prompt"

ppm install DBI
ppm install IO-stringy

But I think that only gives external library errors during compiling, may give more though unsure.

Can you clarify more on "expansion info has to do with login server"? That sounds like it will get me closer to the solution if I could find out more about it.
Thanks,
CB

Shiny151
08-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Can you clarify more on "expansion info has to do with login server"? That sounds like it will get me closer to the solution if I could find out more about it.
Thanks,
CB

In my experience I'm not sure your expansion info matters...at least not on a LAN level. Using Vales guide I've setup two servers and I can log into both of them locally from separate IPs even with the "0 of 0 expansions" blah blah blah info showing.

What I'm still having problems with is logging in from an external (WAN) ip. People can get in and create characters but they can't actually play without getting a "the server is not responding error" after they try entering the world.

vinadir
08-30-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm having this exact same problem, and I have a fairly similar background as the OP, so I'll come back and ruminate if I'm still banging my head on it later.

Krakfor
09-04-2009, 05:39 PM
I had this exact same problem for a few days. Like you, I'm familiar with networking techniques and port forwarding etc, so I knew that this wasn't the cause of my 1017's or '0 of 0 expansions'. I had all ports forwarded correctly and even tried dropping my windows firewall completely and placing the IP of my server machine in the router's DMZ.

Sorry to say this here, but I decided the login server was the problem and opted to install and try EQEMuLS from eqemu.devnoob.com.

It's a little more lightweight than the EQEMULogin Server (no client connection info displayed in console etc) and whilst I am good at networking, database admin is not my strength :P The 'How to' on the support forum is a little sketchy but with a little trial-and-error I had my server up and working with friends connecting externally in about an hour.

NB This worked straight off the bat, without changing any of my firewall or router settings.

EDIT It also reports 25 of 25 expansions too!