PDA

View Full Version : Cannot connect to login servers after transfer on 8/22/09

Breakya
08-22-2009, 10:39 PM
While on the server i prefer I saw the emulator wide message by rogean saying there was a transfer going on. After a few minutes it popped up again and said it was complete and nothing more needed to be done b/c you can see this message.

About 10 minutes later one of my chars. crashed and i have not been able to get past the login on any accounts whatsoever. I reinstalled eq and set it the way it was prior to reinstalling, which was working fine just a few hours ago.

Is there a new IP address for the login server now or something? Please help.

drzoyburg
08-22-2009, 11:21 PM
the host dns was changed and you need to change your host.txt to the following
Host=new.eqemulator.net:5998

Doc

genshadow
08-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Ok, I copied and pasted your text into my EQ.txt folder. I STILL cannot access the game. Any other ideas so I can get back to the fun?

Rogean
08-23-2009, 12:04 AM
If you can get onto these forums then the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard.

PootyTang
08-23-2009, 03:02 AM
If you can get onto these forums then the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard.

Ees so funny! xD. Then again, Rogean has no soul... so yeah.

wwazman
08-29-2009, 08:09 PM
I think this thread should be stickied.

One of my GM's on my server also had the same problem.. my solution which worked for him was to copy the following to the eqhost.txt file

[LoginServer]
Host=new.eqemulator.net:5998

I will also note that once in a VERY blue moon it seems to login "too fast".. I will see a blank screen.. I quickly exit with Escape, then log back right in, and it sees the server list just fine. (shrug)

Rogean
08-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I will also note that once in a VERY blue moon it seems to login "too fast".. I will see a blank screen.. I quickly exit with Escape, then log back right in, and it sees the server list just fine. (shrug)

The loginserver doesn't send the server list to the client until the client requests it. Not sure what causes the random blank server list.