PDA

View Full Version : Melee Damage midigation ?(question)

Producer_BMW
08-25-2009, 05:25 PM
Does anyone know how to make Melee Classes hit for more damage?

in PvP or just all around,

I think it might be HITleveldiff , but I don't want to alter something and royal bone my self...

so yeah

if you can help thank you very much
Producer.

So_1337
08-26-2009, 09:06 AM
The nice thing about rule values is that they can be changed back easily and don't even require a reboot of the server in most cases. Play around with things, just make sure to record what the default values were in case you need to revert the change.

Producer_BMW
08-28-2009, 12:45 PM
but does anyone know how to make melee damge hit for more ??

I mean I really don't want to just got butchering shit when I need to use a scalpel.

fourier
08-28-2009, 05:06 PM
It might be overkill, but you could run this mysql query:

use peq
update items set damage = damage * 1.1 where Name='Name of weapon' and id={the id of the weapon, etc.) (10 increase%)

Haven't tried it though.

Tharkun
09-02-2009, 11:56 PM
When I still played on Live, the Warrior guru in the guild I was in had a huge write up posted (prolly from Steelwarriors) about how melee dmg was calculated. It's based on STR, weapon dmg, weapon skill primarily (iirc) and in some cases hidden mods (SK's hitting harder with certain weapons than a pally).
I don't know how try that last bit it is as I've never gotten into it enough to parse it.

In short I would try what fourier suggested... but maybe on a couple select weapons as a test. Then try his suggested query if it checks out.