PDA

View Full Version : Video Resolution Problems

Crow_
08-27-2009, 04:53 PM
From the player support FAQ:
When I try to open EQ, the window blinks black and then closes and I get an error, but EQ never even starts.
Most likely you are having a resolution or drivers issue. Try adjusting your EQ or Desktop Resolutions or updating your video drivers.

This is the shittiest/most lazy solution I've ever had to deal with in tech support.

Anyway, regardless of how much fail that is, I figured out that if I don't set my DESKTOP resolution to 640x480, the game doesn't run in fullscreen. However, my EQclient.ini has my videomode set to 3 (and I've tried 0-4, it doesn't matter), and my window options set to 1680x1050 (the resolution of my monitor). I can start the game in windowed, THEN change to fullscreen, and it works fine. When I log out, the game's settings have been changed to fullscreen, and I can't run it anymore and thus have to deal with 640x480 again until I reset everything.

Is there a proper fix for this or what? I assure you I have the latest video drivers.

trevius
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
This is the shittiest/most lazy solution I've ever had to deal with in tech support.

Thanks to that comment; you won't be getting any help from me for your issue.

AndMetal
08-28-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks to that comment; you won't be getting any help from me for your issue.

Crow_, I would first like to point out that this is an open source community made up of people who do this in their free time (for me, this is a hobby). If you're expecting tech support, you're looking in the wrong place (please see the official EverQuest Discussion Boards (http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/forums/list.m?category_id=15) if you're looking for "tech support"), and your comment is uncalled for. As such, I am very hesitant to answer your questions just based on that, but I feel that others in the community could benefit from a useful response.

You may need to make sure Width/Height in the [VideoMode] heading of eqclient.ini match WidthWindowed/HeightWindowed. I have a 22" monitor that runs at 1680x1050 native resolution, and I run EQ at 1600x900, so this is what my eqclient.ini's VideoMode section looks like:

[VideoMode]
Width=1280
Height=768
WidthWindowed=1280
HeightWindowed=768
WindowedWidth=1600
WindowedHeight=900
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
FullscreenRefreshRate=0

In addition, I have VideoMode set to 0 & WindowedMode set to TRUE.

If you, or anyone else, find this useful, I would recommend updating this in the Wiki (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=EQEmuFAQ/edit) to help others in the future.