PDA

View Full Version : Custom Skills?

lich2594
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
I was just wondering if there is a way that I can create custom Skills/Abilities/Disc's for non-caster classes?

I am running a custom server that has custom spells, but I would like to do some custom stuff for the non-caster classes too if its possible. (Besides gear clickies and such)

ChaosSlayerZ
08-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Disciplines - yes - they can be created just like spells, they are essentially spells which simply used via Discipline activation window.

Skills - like dual wield or double attack - no - those are hard coded into client

lich2594
08-31-2009, 12:42 AM
Disciplines - yes - they can be created just like spells, they are essentially spells which simply used via Discipline activation window.

Skills - like dual wield or double attack - no - those are hard coded into client

Thats cool, what section of the DB would they be in? I tried creating a "spell" for warriors Improved Rampage and set it to the correct level... but instead of train disc, i got it on spell scribe lol...

Btw I am using Ailia's spell editor.

ChaosSlayerZ
08-31-2009, 01:55 AM
if you mean Disciplines, just like spell they are in the spell file/spell table.

The only difference is there specially TYPE which is set for disciplines which makes a discipline rather than a spell
But technically ANY discipline could scribed like a spell

this thread here could give you some more info on how to get disciplines to work right

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26330&highlight=monk

lich2594
08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
Thank you for posting that. I will look further in to it 2moro! :D

drakelord
08-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Actually, custom skills can be made. But instead of activating them the normal way, you will have to make #commands for them. You will also have to code the process of the skill leveling up yourself.

lich2594
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I have figured out how to create custom discs and they work great. However, we are limited to X amount of discs... Even with the new rev, it only allows 100.

I have looked in the source and am unable to find the place where it specifies how many you can have. Can anyone point me in the right direction, on which file/line?

I will keep searching.

The reason we need more than 100 is because we have quite a bit of custom content going in and I would like to create more discs. My warrior, for example, is level 90 with 100 discs in the window. That means I can't even learn any of the custom discs which I have created, heh.

Also, is there still no way to delete discs from a players combat abilities window? Using #traindiscs adds every rank, such as I, II, and III which creates a loss of space.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
I am running into same issue- or at least will soon - I need space more than for 100 disciplines. 200-300 would be better

trevius
09-18-2009, 07:40 AM
Both Titanium and SoF only allow a max of 100 disciplines. This is because of how the packet structure for the Player Profile is set and you cannot change it because it is basically hard-coded into the client. The best you could do would be to replace some of the existing ones that aren't very useful anyway.

lich2594
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
you cannot change it because it is basically hard-coded into the client

Is there any way to remove discs that have already been trained?

I tried to delete them from spells but, it comes up as UNKOWN lvl 255 discs in the window...

All of the level 1 and 2s have created a lot of excessive discs that aren't needed.

Thanks for the quick reply.

(But yes, I will just remove some and reuse their spell ID for new ones. I just don't like hacking the pre-existing system up like that, haha...)

ChaosSlayerZ
09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
yes ability to delete learned disciplines would be great!
in same way how you delete spells from spell book to make room for more.
then people who got really high up can get rid of their 1-50 disciplines they no longer use, to make room for the new ones.

AngelBane
08-10-2010, 06:37 PM
Actually, custom skills can be made. But instead of activating them the normal way, you will have to make #commands for them. You will also have to code the process of the skill leveling up yourself.

I know this is an old thread ... but could someone point me in the right direction to making this happen.

I am attempting to effectively remove the vile BST from my own server and rebalanced shaman to their rightful place as the battle priest instead of the squishy they have become.

after mucking around with the DB I realized that I could not level or train the abilities by normal means.

I would also be interested in where the damage to PC calculations are.

I would like to give all classes pick lock and some classes more defensive skills.

I want every hit on a BST to be the damage of a cazic touch :P

any pointers to general/specific modules of the source would be useful ... there is a lot of source to go through :P

lich2594
08-11-2010, 02:38 AM
I know this is an old thread ...

Are you trying to make Disciplines or Spells?

AngelBane
08-11-2010, 06:56 PM
Making spells tweaking the existing effects is not a problem.

examples of what i want to do

I am wanting to :

Give Shaman parry.

Give all classes pick Lock.

I am also want to give the priests DMG bonus on weapons.

If I can base DMG mitigation more on the Armor type.

Make all mobs will hit beastlords for 32K damage no matter what.

I am realizing that some of this may not be possible because of what is coded into the client

ChaosSlayerZ
08-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Give Shaman parry. - not supported by client, would need source recoding to implement custom skill learning

Give all classes pick Lock. - same as above

I am also want to give the priests DMG bonus on weapons. - easy to code server side, but won't show on the client

If I can base DMG mitigation more on the Armor type. - need source recoding

Make all mobs will hit beastlords for 32K damage no matter what. - can be done with a pearl script - but why not simply disallow BST class? make all BSt start in Tutorial where which there is no exit