PDA

View Full Version : Attempting autobootup (fails)

John Adams
09-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Ok, I've search around for a bit, and see other people posting logs of their world working perfectly fine with this autobootup stuff (honestly never noticed it before), but I just updated to the latest SVN tonight, compiled, and tried the new server. Updated SQL stuff, too btw.

Everything runs fine, but when a char tries to Enter World (default zone is tutorialb), the world spams over and over:

[Debug] [WORLD__CLIENT] account1: Attempting autobootup of tutorialb (189:0)

until the client sees an error, and some message about a personal instance of the zone is still loading.

I've searched the changelog.txt for any reference to personalized instances being implemented, but I can't see one (of course all changes are being put into the changelog, I am sure ;))

So, what's my problem now? Man, I've never had so much trouble going up a few revs from SVN... probably because for 3 years there were no code changes to speak of :D :D :D

TIA,
-J

Capheus
09-02-2009, 07:49 AM
This sounds like the exact same problem I had when I updated. Look for the comments I made when talking about the spawn2 table.

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29306

John Adams
09-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the pointers, Capheus. This is what I get for following instructions. I was told previously that if I am using the core SVN to NOT source PEQ DB, but use the sql updates provided. They apparently do not have this mysterious `enabled` update, though I will go through them again.

Hopefully that will fix my issue. I also just realized, I never bothered to look into the debug logs (whoops), which is a huge no-no in my line of work. If I conjure up more evidence of my problem, I'll come add it here.

Thanks again.