PDA

View Full Version : 14 slot bags?

liquest
09-06-2009, 11:31 AM
okay so i had an idea idk if its been attempted or you just cant do it in general but would it be possible to create bags bigger then 10 slots?

ChaosSlayerZ
09-06-2009, 01:55 PM
okay so i had an idea idk if its been attempted or you just cant do it in general but would it be possible to create bags bigger then 10 slots?

from what i know there is a HARD limit on actual storage slots used in EQ.
For example if you have an item with 5 augment slots, and you have an augment in each slot, when you put that item into a bag, its not using 1 slot- it uses 6.

Thats why on T-client if you have too many augmented items, the game will crash, as it only supports max of 100 slot storage spells on your person.

I was told that on SOF this is not an issue - but at this time its not known if they added just a few more virtual slots to store augments OR if they actually added enough slots to store max possible number of inserted augments- like for each item in a bag with 5 slots - they would need to improve 100 slots to 500.

So your idea with bigger slot bags may be directly related - as - you will surely go over the limit.

trevius
09-06-2009, 05:44 PM
It is just a limitation of the client. It looks at the inventory packet and will only allow a max of 10 normal items per bag (not counting any augs inside those items). The max size for bags is 10 and the max number of augments is 5 and those cannot be changed.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-06-2009, 06:01 PM
It is just a limitation of the client. It looks at the inventory packet and will only allow a max of 10 normal items per bag (not counting any augs inside those items). The max size for bags is 10 and the max number of augments is 5 and those cannot be changed.

I really hope that SoF client takes into account that I can have 1200 augmented slots :D