PDA

View Full Version : Eqemu start/restart batch scripts question

gnode
09-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Ok I have two odd issues but they have happened on two machines in a row so I figure others may have run in to this as well.

Specs:
Running a good version of 0.7.0
XP Home, fully patched
X2 4800+ cpu, 2gb ram, big hd

First, I have my server set up to automatically log in to xp. I have my eqemu shortcut in the startup folder so it automatically runs when the server boots. My problem with this is that it appears it takes slightly longer for my network card to get ready than it takes to for eqemu to start, and then nothing happens because it does not see an internet connection.

Anyone have a slick trick to delay the start? My goal is to make it so if the computer gets turned on that it will go in to eqemu immediately. However, what happens is it sits at eqlaunch doing nothing (ie, I am out of town and tell my wife to just restart the server, or it comes back up from power outtage). A 1 minute delay would probably work like a charm.

Second, I have a batch script that I use to schedule a restart of the server programs. This one used to work fine on my other server, but not on my new one I recently migrated to. Here is what it does:

Several lines of each of these (at the time I wrote this, they seemed to fight and restart, or at least some did so I brute forced it)
taskkill /f /im eqlaunch.exe
taskkill /f /im World.exe
taskkill /f /im Zone.exe

I am sure there is a more graceful way. Worked fine on my old server, but now I get lots of illegal operation style crash messages and usually the old eqlaunch is still running and I end up with two of them and 3 eqemu server script windows.

gnode
09-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Found a good solution:
http://download.cnet.com/Delayer/3000-2084_4-10418730.html

Tharkun
09-08-2009, 01:09 AM
you may want to see if you can get a copy of Windows pro (2k, xp,...), or server inexpensively. For some dumb reason Home handles certain tasks waay differently (ie, networks) In server and pro, by the time the you have the logon screen, the network connections are already running. The only excpetion may be wireless... but if your seriously running a server with a wireless connection... well do your self a favor and rethink that.