PDA

View Full Version : No Trade

Pandaman
09-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Ugh, I can't for the life of me find which column controls whether or not items are tradeable or not.

Anyone care to lend some insight?

Thanks in advance.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-07-2009, 02:34 PM
"nodrop"

1 - means tradeable
0 - no drop

pfyon
09-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Huh, that doesn't seem intuitive. You'd think a 'nodrop' value of 1 would mean it was no drop, and 0 tradeable.

cavedude
09-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Huh, that doesn't seem intuitive. You'd think a 'nodrop' value of 1 would mean it was no drop, and 0 tradeable.

I think the same thing every time I change a nodrop item. Blame Sony.

Rogean
09-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Probably our fault for naming it the "nodrop" column instead of the.. "droppable" column.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-07-2009, 03:53 PM
well this property used to be called NO DROP on LIVE.

cavedude
09-07-2009, 04:01 PM
Probably our fault for naming it the "nodrop" column instead of the.. "droppable" column.

No, the column comes right from Sony.

trevius
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
No, the column comes right from Sony.

You mean we somehow know their table schema? I think Rogean is right. It is probably called "Tradeable" or "Dropable" or something like that in SOE's table. Either way, yes, it is a bit confusing :P

cavedude
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
You mean we somehow know their table schema? I think Rogean is right. It is probably called "Tradeable" or "Dropable" or something like that in SOE's table. Either way, yes, it is a bit confusing :P

Well you know now that I think about, it's 13th Floor's fault. We use their schema, and since Lucy also agrees with "nodrop" I just assumed the column name came from Sony.

trevius
09-07-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah, it is 13th floor's fault for sure lol. They have to make up column names just the same way we do. As they are able to identify new ones, they just make up column names for them and go with it. Unfortunately, nodrop was probably one of their first identified columns and was named poorly and they stuck with it. Though, since they are not actually editing the database, the issue with it being confusing doesn't apply much to them. They probably don't even know it is wrong.