PDA

View Full Version : Not Connecting to EQEmu Server?

Ziaris
09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, trying to run EQ on my new laptop here. Problem is that I get a blank server list, but I don't seem to connect to the server at all. I followed the Play Guide (http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=PlayGuide) and double checked all of the necessary files afterwards, etc., but I can enter in my LS username and an incorrect password and it still passes me through to the server list. This makes me think I'm not in contact with the EQEmu server at all, even though my eqhost.txt file says Host=eqemulator.net:5998.

The problem shouldn't have anything to do with the port being open, I opened in manually through Windows Firewall even though it's off, turned off my other firewall and opened it there and so on, etc. I'm in a dorm, but I checked with the IT guys and they said they weren't blocking 5998 inbound or outbound.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Ziaris
09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
New development: I flushed my DNS. When I login I still get to the blank server screen faster than light, but then when I logout and attempt to login again the EQ client completely freezes and I have to Ctrl Alt Del out of it. Still no clue what's causing this.

blackdragonsdg
09-09-2009, 11:31 PM
Your host should be new.eqemulator.net:5998

Read this: http://eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29301

trevius
09-10-2009, 03:36 AM
An incorrect password should never let you into the Public Login Server. The only time that an incorrect password should ever work as far as I know is if you are connecting to a minilogin private LS.

dtinyprince
09-12-2009, 02:13 PM
I have a few computers that me and my kids have been playing with. Today none of them can get on. I have changed the host file to new.eqemulator.net. Can get to the server screen usually sometimes we get something about patching. Earlier I got to the Character Screen but have not been able to get past that. I am guessing that someone is working on something. Can someone post any changes we need to make to connect?

Thanks!

ringtailedlemur
09-20-2009, 02:20 PM
I'm having the same problem. Most of the time I get a blank server list after entering username/PW. I say most, because *sometimes* if I'm lucky I can get through. It has only started happening about 2 or 3 days ago, before that I had no problems. I've tried Host=eqemulator.net:5998 and new.eqemulator.net:5998 and it's the same with both. I turned off windows firewall too and have no other ones installed. Any ideas? =/

TheBro
09-24-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm having the same problem. Most of the time I get a blank server list after entering username/PW. I say most, because *sometimes* if I'm lucky I can get through. It has only started happening about 2 or 3 days ago, before that I had no problems. I've tried Host=eqemulator.net:5998 and new.eqemulator.net:5998 and it's the same with both. I turned off windows firewall too and have no other ones installed. Any ideas? =/

I'm having a similar problem. For me, I enter my username/password and then the window pops up saying "Logging into the server. Please wait..." and then nothing happens even after 15 minutes of waiting. I know for a fact that I'm getting my password/username right, but it still wont work.

fender07
09-24-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm having a similar problem. For me, I enter my username/password and then the window pops up saying "Logging into the server. Please wait..." and then nothing happens even after 15 minutes of waiting. I know for a fact that I'm getting my password/username right, but it still wont work.

I'm getting this same exact problem, still haven't figured it out yet. Followed the directions to a T.

Speedz
09-24-2009, 06:34 PM

I'm getting this same exact problem, still haven't figured it out yet. Followed the directions to a T.

Have you ever been able to connect, and did anything change in the way you launch EQ since you were last able to if so?

TheBro
09-24-2009, 11:31 PM
Have you ever been able to connect, and did anything change in the way you launch EQ since you were last able to if so?

Well I haven't played in over a month, but it used to work fine.

Azazel26505
09-27-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm having the same problem with a blank server list, sometimes it wont connect at all. Nothing has changed on my computer, as I was playing on a server last night and all this week and last week.

sckndmntd
09-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Same here, played this morning just fine, wake up from nap and it shows i was disconnected and havent been able to get on since then

Khylie
09-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Same issue here. Played fine all day. Took a break for dinner and now I either time out, lock up or get a blank server list. I'm not sure what's going on but I wish it would fix itself!

grollub
09-27-2009, 08:43 PM
sounds like LS needs a reboot was working fine till today and this issue has happened before in the past a LS reboot usually does the trick 8)

Shin Noir
09-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I think this is a known issue and being worked on. But I'm also getting it. And I've been playing for months fine.. So this is a semi new development as of the last little bit. Maybe a DNS issue? Also noticing the website itself is having time out issues occasionally. They may be having a DDoS attack going on, or some other type of congestion.

Khylie
09-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Its not an issue from the LS server. It appears to be host related.

Rogean
09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Was an issue with Waveform, they have fixed it now.

Rogean
09-27-2009, 10:36 PM
This has been resolved. There was a DDoS being sourced by another
customer on the same subnet and we had to suspend service to their
server to resolve the issue.

Azazel26505
09-27-2009, 10:51 PM
Now it's working for me. Maybe the problems fixed....who knows.

Witiko
09-27-2009, 11:01 PM
I was having problems with this all day. The way I fixed it was by going into my router settings and configuring the firewall so that the Everquest client would specifically be allowed access.

For those of you using AT&T Uverse, here are instructions how to do this:

1) Enter http://192.168.1.254 into your browser.

2) Go to View Firewall Summary

3) Click Firewall Settings

4) Make sure "Allow individual application(s)" is selected and scroll down the list of programs and add Everquest to the Hosted Applications.

I haven't had a problem logging on since. Now if only I could zone without getting kicked off. =/

Azazel26505
10-05-2009, 06:04 AM
I think there's a problem again.

Same as last time...was playing last night just fine, nothing changed, but now I'm getting a blank server list again.

Nytewind
10-05-2009, 06:56 AM
I haven't been able to log on at all for the last hour/hour and a half. Three times I got in to a blank server select screen, the rest of the time has just been Error:Time out issues.

dellem01
10-05-2009, 07:21 AM
same here had a crash at zone a few hours ago and can't get back in. got in a couple time's to a blank server list. website seems to be loading slow also. it even came up as not a vaild url a few time's

necron99
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Same issue with blank server list. As well with lagging website (1 hour to post this). Currently in a CoD4 TDM ... would prefer to play EQ =/

Ansley1
10-05-2009, 08:36 AM
Same thing for me 8(

sckndmntd
10-05-2009, 08:59 AM
Having same issues, have been trying to login for a little over an hour now and cant get to server select. Anyone let Rogean know in IRC?

Azazel26505
10-05-2009, 09:54 AM
Login server is back up now.

Knotthead
10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
I have not been able to log in all week due to the server select screen issue. Nothing appears. I have tried all variations suggested, firewall off, etc.
This is occuring on 2 separate computers, so it is not isolated.

Any other thoughts on how to get around this?
Using Comcast internet.

Thanks
Knotthead

leesns
10-31-2009, 04:47 AM
Hello. I am a new player and am having this problem :(

leesns
11-19-2009, 01:49 PM
bump!! would really like to resolve this issue.

tuskadon
11-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Anyone else having this problem? It just started happening to me within the past couple days, I also get server time out errors.

leesns
11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
I am still having this problem. and It is unresolved =\ i wanna play eq!