PDA

View Full Version : New Layout, Server List, Worldserver Registration

Rogean
09-11-2009, 06:32 PM
As you have noticed, We have a new website layout. I think it looks better. What do you thi-- IT'S BETTER I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

Anyways. As you can see we have a new server list. The loginserver reports server statistics to the database and the server list displays them with accuracy within 1 minute. If a worldserver is connected to the loginserver using a registered account and password, it will link that information to the server list, hence the "View" or "Unregistered" links. Unregistered servers will only appear if they are connected to the loginserver. Registered servers will show up once connected and then appear as "Down" if applicable until they'v been down for over a week (Unless they are private).

As part of the website overhaul, we have implemented a new worldserver registration process. This can be found in the same place as the current client registration, and is also linked on the home page navigation. For the servers that were registered before, I ran a query to match up the value given as the 'serverop' (an unvalidated field in the old register process) to current forum accounts. If the script didn't find an exact match, it is orphaned, and will not display a server owner or show up attached to anyone's account. If you have a registered server but it is not attached to your account, please PM me ASAP, as these servers will start getting rejected by the loginserver in about a week.

Do not mistake this for worldservers that are not registered. Registered worldservers are ones that currently connect to the loginserver using an accountname and password in their eqemu_config.xml. If you do not have anything set in your ini, your worldserver is not registered. It is recomended that worldservers be registered so that you can display a server description and website link on the server list. Once it is registered, enter the account name and password that you chose during registration into your server's config file, and it will show up as registered on the website. For more information, see <a href="http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=ServerReg">this article on our wiki</a>.

You can manage worldservers from the same place as regular client accounts, also accessible via the left menu on the home page now.

If you have any problems with the new website, you can make a post here. I may have missed something moving it over from our test site.

-Rogean

ChaosSlayerZ
09-11-2009, 06:56 PM
good work on the rewamp!
the old colors were very hard to read at times- the layout was just too dark.

Server List thing- totally cool =)

liquest
09-11-2009, 07:46 PM
i really like it lol great job on it haha *cheers*

Kobaz
09-11-2009, 08:15 PM
As a colour-blind person, I find the similarity between "locked threads" and "new posts" confusing. With a membership of 100 000 there's up to around 5 000 of us that may have this issue.

Rogean
09-11-2009, 09:05 PM
We're workin on changing the icons around.

Speedz
09-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I like the layout it displays better on my craptop :-)

Sylaei
09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Very awesome work Rogean. I love the new site.

Secrets
09-12-2009, 04:28 AM
Excellent! I love it.

Lillu
09-12-2009, 07:17 AM
It's amazing, Thank you!

Izzo
09-12-2009, 10:36 AM
I like the new layout a lot. Awesome job.

drzoyburg
09-12-2009, 03:37 PM
I really like what you have done with the server list area, makes it easier to find out who's on and who's not with out loading the game to find out...super sweet, keep up the good work.

Off topic: I would like to see more dev and posting on web sites for EQ, WoW has a ton of dev's creating web sites and forums for their servers, we have none here.

Doc

So_1337
09-12-2009, 11:14 PM
Just thought I'd throw in my thanks for all the work around here lately, Rogean. The place looks great, keep up the terrific work :)

LeftRoad
09-13-2009, 06:48 AM
Very nice! Great job :)

trevius
09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Off topic: I would like to see more dev and posting on web sites for EQ, WoW has a ton of dev's creating web sites and forums for their servers, we have none here.

Doc

What do you mean exactly? More dev and posting on websites? If you mean websites for particular servers, all of the popular servers have their own websites/forums/etc as far as I know. This website here is just for the actual EQEmu project in general, but there are plenty of server-specific sites out there.

drzoyburg
09-26-2009, 03:04 PM
when are we going to remove the unreg servers from the list? It only takes a moment to register your server, seems like we have alot of lazy server owners who can't even take the time to do this:shock:

Rogean
09-26-2009, 04:43 PM
Currently no plans to require server registration.

drzoyburg
09-27-2009, 02:49 PM
What do you mean exactly? More dev and posting on websites? If you mean websites for particular servers, all of the popular servers have their own websites/forums/etc as far as I know. This website here is just for the actual EQEmu project in general, but there are plenty of server-specific sites out there.

What I meant is like WoW forums have a section where they share website and forums development. A server owner can dl 1 or more websites and adjust it to their likings. Heres an example

http://www.ac-web.org/forums/websites/

Doc

pfyon
09-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Wait, you mean website templates basically? There are loads and loads of those available out there. I'm sure you could ask a specific website owner if they'd give you their template (although if it's a heavily modified or custom one, I wouldn't expect them to give it away for free).