PDA

View Full Version : Log in problems

RedOne6969
09-24-2009, 02:15 PM
OK having problems logging in after system crash and having to buy new hard drive and re install. currently using win XP home edition pro with service pack 3. Only thing different i have added was a wireless router because i bought a laptop. have followed the wiki to the T and still am not able to log in to servers. After re install and changing host name and short cut on desktop i ran the game and it started to download new launcher i currently have one that looks like nothing i have ever seen and has seeds of destruction in the upper left hand corner where the old one was a werewolf and said depths of dark hollow.

When i try to log in it gives me invalid user name and password and tells me to create a new account. I have went in and changed the eqhost.txt back and forth between the new.eqemu and the eqemu txt. also have changed all my passwords again

Have i screwed up because the launcher files downloaded and its been about 6 weeks since i last logged in.

Any help would be appreciated

Let the flames and rants begin.

Joe

Shiny151
09-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Sounds like you actually ran the main EverQuest.exe instead of the eqgame.exe with the patch handler and it reached out to the live server and updated itself.

You'll need to nuke your client and install it again since it has patched your original install. Be careful not to mix these two .exes up when you do it again.