PDA

View Full Version : Humans everywhere

reddogut
09-25-2009, 12:26 PM
On my private server when I zone into West Freeport, almost every NPC/MOB shows up as male humans. Why would it be doing that?

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 01:02 PM
it usualy means your client failed to load proper npc models.
this may happen if you missing proper model loading files per zone - they usualy plain text files

check your EQ folder for any westfreeport files

reddogut
09-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I have a freeportwest_chr.txt and freportw_chr.txt files in my Everquest game folder.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 02:37 PM
I am presume one is for T. FP and another for SoF FP - which one you running?

and is there anything inside those files?

reddogut
09-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Sorry.... I am running SoF.

westfreeport_chr.txt

avi,southkarana_chr
bet,ecommons_chr
spi,ecommons_chr
btn,btn
fpm,freporte_chr
gef,paineel_chr
pir,cazicthule_chr
qcm,qeynos_chr
qcf,qeynos_chr
rtn,rtn
snk,snk
srn,srn
rtn,rtn
btn,btn
scr,scr_chr
bse,bse
mmy,mmy_chr

freportw_chr.txt

rtn,rtn
btn,btn

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 03:01 PM
try this:

copy the text inside the bigger file over to the smaller one (complitely over, deleting the smaller one entries- they allready included in the big one)

then restart the game

reddogut
09-25-2009, 03:48 PM
That fixed a few of the npc's.. the freeport malitia/guards are back to normal, so are the fire beetles... but the rodents and Orc's and a few others are still humans.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 05:48 PM
well as Far as I can tell rodents for one should be working. The line: "rtn,rtn" is the one corresponding to new rats model.
It is possible that the mobs have wrong gender or wrong texture assigned to them. Most non human mobs usually need to have gender 2. You may want to check on that, at least for rodents that is.

trevius
09-25-2009, 06:07 PM
I am sure the issue is that they updated certain models like rats, bats, and Orcs, so the zones are setup to load the new models and not the old ones anymore. There are 2 ways to fix that problem:

1. You can update the race numbers for those races to use the new models that have replaced them.

2. You can find the original freportw_chr.txt file that includes the old models and paste it into your EQ folder.

reddogut
09-25-2009, 06:09 PM
So I could pull the old Titanium files and they would work?

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 06:42 PM
#1. if you want to see new models:

You need to look up in your DB for freeport what race are your rats/rodents for example and orcs.

for rats try setting their race to 415, and for orcs to 458 (note that for orcs a texture number and helm number need to be the same)

if you want to get old models:
you will need to add/replace few entries in that txt file:

replace: "rtn,rtn" with "rat,akanon_chr"

The orc model on other was native to freeport, and if orcs do not show up- that mean that under SoF client they are gone for good.

Personally I recommend going with option 1

reddogut
09-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Thank you for your help ChaosSlayer for all your help.

So I went into the npc_types table and changed "a_rodent" from model 36 to 415 and made sure to leave the gender alone (2). And abracadabra, it worked.

So am I going to have to go in and change every model for every zone that is still using the old models?

To be honest I was wondering what the big deal was with SoF, but these new models are kinda cool. Is there a list of new SoF models... I could create an MYSql script to change them all at once.

Again, thanks again for all the replies.

reddogut
09-25-2009, 11:02 PM
Now I'm confused... Like I said, I went into the npc_types table and changed the races for the myotis bats, rats, rodents, Orc Centurions, Deathfist Pawns... blah blah blah and now they are all using the newer models... and they look great. But no matter what I change snakes to, they are still human males. I made sure that gender was 2 as well. And it seems to only be West Freeport. The sankes in East Freeport show up fine (as snakes) and are using the same model (37) as the ones in West Freeport that are showing up as human males.

What the heck am I missing?

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 11:11 PM
you may not want to change ALL the models, cause knowing SoE - they only changed models for zones they rewamped. For exmaple FP now uses new rats, but Qeynos can very well still be using the old rats.

To check this out, you will need to zone to Qeynos and see how rats there appear. If they appear as human, check the Qeynos txt files and see if there is "rtn,rtn" there. If its not, then same as for Freeport- add the "rtn, rtn" line, and change rat race to new model race.

In other words this process going zone by zone figuring what they changed and what they didn't may take a while.

But I can give you a list of SoF rewamped zones to make it easier:

-Freeport
-Commons
-Desert of Ro
-Innothule Swamp
-High Pass
-Misty Thiket
-Ocean of Tears
-Toxxulia Forest

On other hand, if you wish you can change say all old rats to new rats, but then you may want to make the new rats to be a global model.

To do that you will need to run this mySQL query:

update npc_types set race=415 where race=36;

Then you will need to make the model global.

In your EQ folder there should be a sub folder called Resources
Inside of it a txt file called GlobalLoad.txt
Open it up and a place where lines start with 3,0, TFFF
And insert a new line in between there with following:

3,0,TFFF,rtn.eqg,Loading Characters

you may want to make a backup copy of this file before you change it.

A similar procedure could be done for the rest of the models.

The orc model is simpler- its already global one, so all you can do to make all orcs to be the new orcs is run this:

update npc_type set race=458 where race=54;

Hopefully this will get you what you looking for =)

You may want to look into emulator Wiki for full list of all races.
Unfortunately its incomplete as list of models only goes as far as DoDH expansion.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Now I'm confused... Like I said, I went into the npc_types table and changed the races for the myotis bats, rats, rodents, Orc Centurions, Deathfist Pawns... blah blah blah and now they are all using the newer models... and they look great. But no matter what I change snakes to, they are still human males. I made sure that gender was 2 as well. And it seems to only be West Freeport. The sankes in East Freeport show up fine (as snakes) and are using the same model (37) as the ones in West Freeport that are showing up as human males.

What the heck am I missing?

Ah thats cause when SoE rewamped that part of Freeport they delete the old model graphics.

to add new snakes to that zone you will need to add:

snk,snk to that freeport txt file (and update lines count at the top)

OR follow my global guide from above and add

3,0,TFFF,snk.eqg,Loading Characters

to the GlobalLoad.txt file

new snake race number is 468

trevius
09-27-2009, 05:05 AM
Even though SoF did revamp a bunch of zones, all of the old versions of the zones still remain in the EQ folder accept for highholdpass I think.

Because the old zones are still there and have different zone names and numbers than the new versions, the SoF client will still zone to the old original version of the zone. The new ones are very cool in most cases, but many of them don't work with Azone yet, so we can't create .map files for them to allow casting spells and such in those zones (which sucks).

Basically, to make everything the same between both clients, all you need to do is find the zone files for the zones with humans in your Titanium folder and copy them to the SoF folder like you said. Then, all of the old models will load just fine. They never remove races when they create new ones, so they are all still there, you just need the file to have the correct entries to load them. Actually, if you wanted, I am sure you could just run a search in your Titanium folder for "*_chr.txt" and copy all of the files that search returns into your SoF folder and overwrite them all. That will make all models in SoF load exactly like Titanium for every zone.

Really, it isn't a big list of zones, just the short list that ChaosSlayer listed.

ChaosSlayerZ
09-27-2009, 01:23 PM
ah Trev, I am pretty sure they have removed at least SOME of the models =)

Look:
-He is running SoF, but SoF zones are not populated, which means his Freeport is OLD Freeport, and all his mobs models were OLD models, and the old models for Freeport - like rats or orcs- NEVER needed force loading cause they are NATIVE to that zones. In Fact the original Orc model source location is listed as "orc,freportw_chr", which means that its the other zones loading it from Freeport. (if you pull T. freeport chr file - you will see there are no orcs been force loaded, since there never was any need) As since his orcs are all human for him - this means the graphics is no longer there. At least its no longer native to Freeport.

He can still get the old orcs to force load but he will have to pull them from different source - from Iceclad zone file by altering his GlobalLoad instead with:

1,0,TFFF,iceclad_chr,Loading Characters

and he will get access to Rygor orcs models this way too btw.
UNLESS, SOE has replaced orcs all over the world with SoF, including Rygor models, then they may have removed that source as well.

Sylaei
09-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Ok, this is what I did to fix: North Freeport, West Freeport, North Ro, South Ro and Oasis. This gives me the old models but it was quicker than hunting down each mob and changing the models for that zone. I did try looking into the *_chr.txt files but was unable to determine which entry would be for a sand scarab. This led me to looking into the files for that zone, North Ro, in this case. I found that in SOF there were only 2 files for nro. There were around 8 files in T. I copied all of the nro files from T to my SOF folder and told it NOT to overwrite existing. Zoning out and back in fixed the models, note that my zones do not stay up when there is no one in the zone. I did this for each zone I listed above and it fixed each one. Notice that I did NOT overwrite files, but in each case there were only a couple of files for the old zones.

Some day I'll go back through and poplulate these zones with the new models or maybe populate the new zones with npcs.

Anyway my 2 coppers worth.

Sylaei
09-28-2009, 07:59 PM
Ok, I was also able to get this work. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1. (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1)
I did have to remove this line:
1,0,TFFF,solrotower_chr,Loading Characters
as it may south ro sand textures red and black and messed up the whole look.

laxative
11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Ok, I was also able to get this work. http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1. (http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=147147&postcount=1)
I did have to remove this line:
1,0,TFFF,solrotower_chr,Loading Characters
as it may south ro sand textures red and black and messed up the whole look.

I did the global procedure for the snakes, orcs, and rats. And it did fix it. I miss the old orc models, but it's better than a bunch of humans running around. Does anyone know the new and old ID's for the myotis bats in freeport?

Thanks!

Lax.