PDA

View Full Version : Zoning problem.

Witiko
09-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I just started playing today and every single time I zone, the game kicks me off back to the sign-in screen. Does anyone know why it is doing this?

I'm on the Grand Creation server, if that helps.

Thank you.

Speedz
09-27-2009, 11:21 PM
That also happens to me alot. I just counted it to my bad internet connection and potential bandwidth bottlenecks on their end.

But who knows, maybe it is related to my slow motion movements that I can't resolve.

trevius
09-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Have you tried other servers as well to see if this happens on every server you try? If this doesn't happen on other servers, then it is probably an issue with PEQ. If it does happen on all servers, then it is an issue on your end probably related to you using a wireless connection or maybe running a multi-core CPU and needing to put some fixes in for it.

cavedude
09-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Been zoning fine all day with 3 toons :P

Witiko
09-28-2009, 01:54 AM
Have you tried other servers as well to see if this happens on every server you try? If this doesn't happen on other servers, then it is probably an issue with PEQ. If it does happen on all servers, then it is an issue on your end probably related to you using a wireless connection or maybe running a multi-core CPU and needing to put some fixes in for it.

Trevius, I took your advice and tried loading EQ single-core and now it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot.

Speedz
09-28-2009, 06:53 AM
I've scoured all I can find and even made that tool that auto sets the affinity. Some servers have a slight jittering, but not an all out slowdown when moving, casting and camping like I get on PEQ.

I am pretty much at the conclusion it's mostly bandwidth and out of our control.

Oh and both clients do it regardless of windowed/draw distance/shaders, etc.