PDA

View Full Version : Failed to open file ' peqdb_Rev974.sql;'

mastajon
10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Im trying to setup a test server here and I am stuck at the sourcing the database part. I have downloaded the peqdb and unpacked them into the bin file of mysql. I am unsure why I keep getting the error,

failed to open file peqdb_Rev974.sql; when i source it into mysql command line. I looked at the guides and havent been able to find out why it wont work.

serivoth1234
10-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Just a simple question after you extracted the files you then extracted the peqdb_Rev974 file before sourcing correct? It's compressed as well.

mastajon
10-01-2009, 11:48 PM
correct, i have the peqdb_rev974.sql file in the bin folder along with all the other sql files. I also have a copy of all the db files in a folder called peqdb in the file path C:\peqdb.

Im very new to all this.

pfyon
10-01-2009, 11:51 PM
If you're sourcing it from cmd in windows, you need to either a) use the full path (ie source c:\peqdb\peqdb_rev974.sql) or put the sql file in the same folder as your mysql.exe file.

mastajon
10-02-2009, 12:17 AM
thanks so much

Shin Noir
10-02-2009, 04:06 AM
yeah, when you install mysql make sure you enable the PATH option (should be checked by default) and start up command line, cd\<dirofsql files>, then mysql -u root -p
<enter>
it'll ask for password
create database <dbname>; #Do this once first time you start sourcing.
use <dbname>;
source <filename.sql>; #Do this following the readme instructions
exit;

cd\ to new directory if any for new source files, do the above again. There's a bazillion ways to do this, I usually do the above. Heh.