PDA

View Full Version : EQEMU and Windows 7?

shadowdeamon01
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Are EQEMU and windows 7 compatible or am i trying to put the square peg in the round hole? Anyone else had problems? On startup i get an error "The instruction at 0x036787ce reference memory at 0xfffffffc; The memory could not be read. "

Any help?
And yes i am running eqgame.exe in compatibility mode for windows xp sp3

Shin Noir
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
uh.. eqemu makes me think you're talking about running a server.
but you say on the bottom you are running eqgame.exe, which is part of the client.

the answer to both situations however is yes. run it as administrator, you don't have to do Win XP compatibility mode. I can run titanium and SoF both in Windows 7 32bit. 64bit I haven't bothered with.

GeorgeS
10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Running win7 64 bit, and no problems at all. Game runs fine.
You should be running as an admin and then try running in XP mode or one of the other options. Don't install SOF/Ti to program files, just install it to c:\

GeorgeS

shadowdeamon01
10-11-2009, 07:17 PM
tried reinstalling to c:\, no dice
running as administrator has no effect either.
and i'm just trying to play the emulator, not run a server btw

Shin Noir
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Do you have the actual Everquest Titanium discs? Or are you trying to do SoF?
Where is it doing that error? the moment you double click the file to run the game?

SuperFunTime
11-25-2009, 07:01 AM
I'm having hell with SoF in Win7. From a full clean install (including completely emptying EQ dir even after uninstall) the client will work first time.

Once I set it to 1920 x 1200 ingame then log out. Next time I try to load in I get the memory read error.

I'd been doing fine with the EQ Titanium client and 1920 x 1200 res. Oddly enough I would just set WinEQ2 to admin mode in that respect.

I tried adding admin mode to eqgame.exe compatability and it's no-dice.

Also tried installing the august 2007 directx 9.0c runtimes that come with it. Then moved on to the latest runtime install and still no dice.

Edit:- Should add to that I also did installs with anti-virus turned off too.

SuperFunTime
11-25-2009, 07:28 AM
Update: Well I've come up with a solution but it kinda sucks.

Next time you wanna play, you'll need to edit the eqclient.ini. Remove WinEQ width and height. Fullscreen refresh rate and bits per pixel.

In total 4 entries.

FullscreenRefreshRate=60
FullscreenBitsPerPixel=32
WinEQWidth=1920
WinEQHeight=1200

Snoopdog
11-25-2009, 10:47 AM
I wish I would had read this post when you first started it and I could had saved you a lot of trouble. All of the problems you are have are video related, not directly related to Windows 7. Next time you run into problems go into your EQ directory and run the config utility that lets you change your screen resolution, video options, etc. and it will fix the problem. Also you will notice in your eqclient.ini file there is a setting reference to windowed mode, set that to true if your client will not launch, then set it full screen while in game.

SuperFunTime
11-25-2009, 11:19 AM
You can't actually set a resolution of 1920x1200 in the options editor which is slightly annoying.

Snoopdog
11-25-2009, 11:57 AM
But you can once you are in the game. I think it is because the options editor is so friggin old.