PDA

View Full Version : Error message 1017

BigMick44
10-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I've looked everywhere in the FAQ, all the posts here and just about everywhere else to see if my question is out there, so I apologize if it’s been posted before and I've just overlooked it. But here's my question: Why can't I log into the individual servers? I can log into the server select screen but once I select a server, any server, I get the following error message:

"Error 1017: Cannot login to the EverQuest server. You may need to re-run the Update Patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the Path Server. This is usually temporary."

I haven't patched to eqlive, my firewall is disabled, connection is good and I run this as administrator. I have no idea what to do. I’m running this on vista by the way if that has anything to do with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jefrogers
10-15-2009, 12:15 PM
I am having this same problem was well and would like to hear a reply or answer.

trevius
10-15-2009, 04:34 PM
For testing purposes, have you guys tried connecting to PEQ the Grand Creation server? Just using that as an example as I know it should work just fine. Also, does this happen everytime you try to connect, or just some/most of the time?

If it happens every time, maybe you somehow have port 5998 blocked. Also, if your client version is not the correct one, you will have that problem as well. Only fresh unmodified/unpactched installs of Titanium or SoF directly from the Disks will work. I have also heard that having the EQLive trial package installed can cause problems with EQEmu.

You may also want to try this to make sure that port 5998 is open to your connection:

http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showpost.php?p=180051&postcount=2

Kstone498
10-22-2009, 08:13 PM
I get the same error, I have tried connecting to all the servers and no luck... I keep getting error 1017. I did not patch eq live or anything I did everything eqemu say's to set it up. I am logged in as an adiminstrator. I tried disabiling my firewall completely and I still get the error, I have verizon fios and have a Actiontec m1424WR modem for it. When I clicked that link that you provided and put in port 5998 I get "XXXX isn't responding on port 5998". If I turned off my firewall how could it be the firewall that is blocking the port? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

tresh
11-04-2009, 02:23 PM
I reinstalled twice and followed the guide twice but still got Error 1017....... The funny thing is that the game works with the other EQemu server in the list, its just project 1999 that gives this error. Anyone got any clue?

JohnPublic40k
11-04-2009, 05:34 PM
Did you do the Project 1999 specific file changes? I don't know if failing to do so would yield the error you are reporting, but there are files that need to be updated specifically for that server:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40

kastro
11-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Im having the same issue changed my host thing to Host=208.64.37.23:5998
Same exact problem still get all the way past server select but dont make it to char select... at the end of loading it boots me. I did that Ip thing and said xxx.xxx.xxx.xx isn't responding on port 5998 ().

any sugestions?

NovemberAlphaTangoEcho
11-08-2009, 08:55 PM
That website also reported for me that port 5998 "wasn't responding", but that's not true because I've played the game successfully. I am, however, experiencing the same problem reported in this forum when trying to use my laptop. I'm trying to connect to the first server (Grand creation?) in the list (highest population) and it works on my desktop, but not on my laptop.

I'm using the same software, modified the same way, attempting to connect to the same server, getting the same result from http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/scan.php4 for both machines and one works and the other doesn't. Go figure. The other factors involved are wireless versus wired, Vista vs XP, and whatever background programs are running that might be different from machine to machine. Any ideas?