PDA

View Full Version : Working Titanium to SOF?

Shaard
10-13-2009, 01:11 PM
I've got a working Titanium installation, but SOf is nice.. So, Do I install all the expansions up to and including SOF?

wolfwalkereci
10-13-2009, 06:10 PM
Really depends on the server. I believe that the servers you will find linked to from eqemulator you can not use a patched to live version so you are going to need to find a way to get a SOF install ISO/CD or stay using titanium.
Each has its proes and cons. Some servers with SOF install you lack "slash" commands and have to use #CMDNAME ie. #petition

hmm thinking about it I did do a install off the classic CD last year when I used that free month of eqlive and I patched with only the expansions up to GoD selected but I had a lot of random bugs.

As I said each has its proes and cons. If you have several hours of movies to watch and a eqlive paid account you could install off classic cd or whatever and patch to SoF and see if you like it. As I said some stuff will work and others will be borked.

Honostly tho google is your friend..

trevius
10-13-2009, 06:20 PM
If you want to use SoF, do NOT install any other expansions before it or patch or anything like that as that will only cause problems if it even works at all (won't in most cases). All you need to do is have your SoF disk and install it to it's own folder. Do not install SoF over your existing Titanium folder or it will have problems. It isn't anything complicated, just install SoF to it's own folder and then do the normal EQEmu steps like making your shortcut with patchme and changing your eqhost.txt file.

Also, almost all /slash commands work just fine in SoF, but the example given (/petition) was changed and is now replaced with /guide.