PDA

View Full Version : can't login with 2 computers running off the same modem

stayacedeep
10-18-2009, 02:52 PM
I've tried turning off the firewall allowing all application (DMZ plus)

I can login with one computer but when i logging with the other computer next to me it boots me out everytime i enter world from character select screen. I get a screen that says (disconnected from server). someone please help so my little brother can play with me...

stayacedeep
10-18-2009, 02:52 PM
paying money to whoever can solve this for me

pfyon
10-18-2009, 03:02 PM
There's an option in rules_values to set a max number of connections per IP (World:MaxClientsPerIP). What server are you trying to play on? They may have this value set to limit people logging on from the same ip at the same time.

BabyCato
10-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Same issue here. I'm playing on my laptop, husband on the family computer... one of us will be disconnected trying to enter the world. Totally sucks. :( Where can I change that value, or is it server related? Where could I find out? (we're using project 1999).

ChaosSlayerZ
10-21-2009, 06:12 PM
do you both have chars on same account?
if yes, you need to make individual accounts

trevius
10-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Same issue here. I'm playing on my laptop, husband on the family computer... one of us will be disconnected trying to enter the world. Totally sucks. :( Where can I change that value, or is it server related? Where could I find out? (we're using project 1999).

I believe P1999 limits accounts to 1 per household. You would need to contact them to see if they would increase it to let your other family members play. There isn't anything you can do on your side, it is a limit they have set on their end to keep people from multi-boxing on their server.

nilbog
10-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Hi. Yes, Trevius is correct. You can apply for an exemption if additional clients are real people :p

Visit our forums at:

http://www.project1999.org

And private message me or forum petition with your eqemu login names (not character names, and not your password). I can then modify your status, and you'll be gtg.

Thanks.