PDA

View Full Version : No Spell Graphics/NPC/PC names

Arashai
10-25-2009, 03:35 AM
I dont think its just me. But ive noticed that i have to have the camera directly behind my toon in 3rd person to see spell graphics if i point it down i lose them all entirely as well as all names disappear. This is very problematic especially on hills and such. Anyone experiencing this? or have a fix by chance?

edit: ive tryed changing ui's that doesnt help. only thing i can think of is the emulator version.

Shin Noir
10-25-2009, 04:57 AM
It's likely your client being wonky. E.g. video card, OS version, stuff like that.

emulator version would be more like, messed up loading spellfiles (and can't cast spells at all), or map files aren't there (can't cast spells)

but if you're casting spells ,but having a visual glitch of watchin gthe pretty graphics, that sounds client to me, especially if it's some times happening.

trevius
10-25-2009, 05:48 AM
I know on SoF, if your camera is within a certain distance of what you are looking at, it will not show spell effects or other particle effects like the ones on weapons. Dunno if I have seen it cause names to not show up, but maybe I didn't pay close enough attention. The best resolution I know of is to not have your camera so close to whatever you are looking at.

Arashai
10-26-2009, 01:36 AM
yah. Hmm its just that one angle. behind at a distance if i scroll to look up its fine. down they go.. lol i dont know. Ive tryed changing drivers on my card. And it was a fresh install of eq/emu. so I spose i could try reinstall? dunno besides that. its really irritating i really want to play lol