PDA

View Full Version : First - Timeout Error Second - Computer Froze Third - connection to server not reache

Pundgy
10-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Alright, so last night when I tried logging in, i'd type in my server name and password, then wait a couple seconds and get a timout error. Thismorning I tried again thinking there might be something going on with the server, and the computer would freeze. Now this afternoon, i'm trying, and it's telling me no connection to the server could be reached. I'm pretty computer illiterate, and looked for other similar threads, but i'm not sure if my problem's the same as many mentioned, and I don't want to tamper with files and mess something up even more. Anyone have an idea why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

trevius
10-28-2009, 06:22 PM
I am guessing that since you registered on these forums early this year, that you have been playing fine up to this point? If so, then something must have been changed on your end and you need to figure out what it was to correct it. It could be quite a few things from network changes in your router, or firewall, to new applications you may have installed for security, or even something to do with your version of EQ you are using for EQEmu. You might want to try uninstalling EQ and deleting the folder and then installing it again to see if that helps. Also, make sure you do a reboot as that can fix more weird problems than you might think :P

Pundgy
10-28-2009, 08:51 PM
I did recently do a system restore, but i've played on the servers since doing that, at least once. So I don't know what has changed shortly after the system restore. i thought maybe my Norton, which comes installed on the computer after the restore, might be preventing me through it's firewall, but when I have Norton turned off, it still does it.

Oogbar
11-07-2009, 07:46 AM
I myself have tried logging into the game, but for some reason it says "A connection with the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online." ... hmm... so i am making this post with no internet connectivity? 0.o

Oogbar
11-07-2009, 08:44 AM
Never mind. >.< ... newb didnt search around. found what i needed to change, and everything is hunky-dory now.