PDA

View Full Version : Client refuses to connect

Xanathol
10-29-2009, 12:29 AM
After hours of pulling my hair out thinking the reason my laptop would not show my server listed ( while local to my server my client works just fine ), I finally collected a network trace on my laptop while attempting to log in and saw no traffic to port 5999 nor to my server IP!

Here is my eqhost.txt file:

[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.0.10:5999

Yes, my server is 192.168.0.10. My laptop is 192.168.0.199. I can RDP to my server, connect via SMB, etc. The client just doesn't seem to ever try to connect to my server. I copied my client folder from my server's client folder, so would think all things are the same. Oh, and Windows Firewall is off.

Any ideas?

blackdragonsdg
10-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Sounds like your router is blocking the ports. Try setting the router to DMZ or set your port forwarding.

Xanathol
10-29-2009, 02:04 AM
Both machines are behind the firewall ( router ) and the network trace was taken from the laptop / client machine that fails to connect; no traffic leaves the machine to the server or port 5999. Basically, it appears that the EQ client simply does not make a connection attempt, so I am wondering if there is something I forgot to configure other than the eqhost.txt file. I'll try to remember tomorrow to try some wininet logging, but otherwise, I'm stumped.

Xanathol
10-29-2009, 02:47 AM
And as I figured, no sooner than I post this question did I solve the problem! :D

So on my laptop, I have my old install of EQ ( live ) and I have my EQ Emu folder. Well, I modified my desktop shortcut to point to my EQ Emu eqgame.exe. However, I forgot to modify the 'start in' path...and it just all messed up! Corrected the short cut, and all works as expected! Sigh...

Thanks though! Hopefully this helps someone else one day!