PDA

View Full Version : Character models from original release?

zugzuglana
10-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Before my question, let me just offer a huge THANK YOU! to all the folks who have made this project what it is. I just recently found this community and have been blown away by the time and effort you guys have put into the venture. My Titanium disks arrived yesterday and I was able to get up and running in short order thanks to the documentation and guidance the forums offered. /bow

My fondest memories of EQ involve the original Troll and Ogre character models. Is there a server that uses these models, or is this a limitation of the Titanium client? I made the appropriate "options" changes in game, but the new models persist.

Thanks for your time,

-z

ChaosSlayerZ
10-30-2009, 01:25 PM
its all in the options, check them again

IAYand
10-31-2009, 07:58 AM
IIRC you need to restart the game after changing it in options, did you try that?
I'm not sure what you mean by original models, I think, they made some updates to the char models with the release of the velious expansion and then of-course there was the major revamp with Luclin. I believe that you can only switch between luclin and velious models now.

Valdaun
10-31-2009, 09:13 AM
As mentioned above, if you disable the models in the options it does in fact set it back to original. Note that you can't ride a horse with the old models.

You do have to restart EQ to get them to show up though.

Models are purely client side and server choice has no impact on them. :)

Speedz
11-01-2009, 10:38 PM
If you only want a few specific models to be original look in the eqclient.ini

In the beginning of the file set the models you want to false then restart the game.

zugzuglana
11-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the responses guys. I was on-call all weekend and didn't get a chance to check out your suggestions.

I originally just "unselected" the new models using the options button and reentered the game. This did not change the toon appearances. I have not restarted EQ since my first cursory attempts, but should be able to spend some time tonight checking everything out.

I'm not sure what you mean by original models...

Specifically, I'm looking for the giant, bloated Troll bellies complete with the butt-scratching animation. :)

Thanks again for the responses.

-z

trevius
11-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Yeah, they are the original models completely unchanged. The only difference that came with Velious was that new armor textures were added. It didn't change anything with the character models. The only character model change was in Luclin and they haven't changed at all since.

zugzuglana
11-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Yup, everything is as I remembered. Gotta love that Troll model. :)

Thanks for the suggestions.

-z