PDA

View Full Version : Unable to create new character - crash after creation

verax
11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
So, I'm really new to the emulator, so please bear with me.

I got everything setup last night, and created a character, and played fine.

This morning, I load into the same LS account, and try to create a new character, and I get through the creation proccess fine, but when it goes to load into the word, the emulator crashes, and the character is not created.

I can still play the character that I created last night, but am unable to create a new character on either that LS account, or a new one that I just tried. I've tried completely removing the client, and starting from scratch, but I get the same issue.

This is on the project 1999 server.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

Verax

**EDIT** I should also note, that I read that it can time out, so I've been trying to go through char generation very fast. (30 seconds or so)

JohnPublic40k
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
The game will crash in that fashion if you are attempting to create a character that did not exist in the original game. That includes all iksar, frogs, beastmasters, berserkers, etc. It also includes illegal combinations such as a halfling ranger or paladin.

verax
11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
Aha. I've been trying to do a gnome SK. That muist have been it. Thank you very much! :)

trevius
11-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Yeah, gnome and halfling got the paladin and SK classes added fairly later around Velious IIRC.