PDA

View Full Version : Skyfire File?

Chaos5tw
11-09-2009, 07:38 AM
It seems every server I'm on, not just one in specific, whenever I zone into Skyfire my EverQuest window closes. I currently have 6 servers that I am unable to log into due to my characters being in Skyfire. Even when I try to load them from the character selection screen It closes after it's done loading. Anyone know why it's happening and how to fix it? I used to be able to zone into Skyfire.. =/ Now it's the bane of my EQ Playing.

trevius
11-09-2009, 08:26 AM
You are probably zoning into the wrong version or something. Maybe you need to rename your skyfire.eqg or skyfire.s3d file to skyfire_old. s3d or eqg. You don't want to rename both of them, but try one and then the other. Just make sure that one of those 2 files is named properly, otherwise you will prolly crash like you mentioned. Also, many servers have a character mover tool on their website. If your char is stuck, either petition to get it moved, or see if there is a mover tool and move it yourself.

Shin Noir
11-09-2009, 09:18 AM
also repair your install , potentially. The file could have been corrupted at one point or another, you never know! Skyfire isn't usually a zone that gets modified since there's only one version of it, so it is strange to think it is crashing you..

also if you don't have your system set up for it, go to My Computer, Right click your Local Disk ( C: ) or the drive letter you installed EQ, go to Properties, Tools, and run Error Checking (Scan disc), this is just good practice to see if your hard drive is healthy, since Windows partitions need to be scanned for errors from time to time, the file may be bad due to a system crash while playing EQ.

Trevius and my 2 suggestions should fix it, if not then clean reinstall and see if it persists. :)

Chaos5tw
11-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Re-installed Titanium again and it fixed it, tried repairing and it didn't do anything. Didn't change the file name prior to that cause of it only being a 1 skin-type zone. Ran the Disc Scan aswell, but untimately had to reinstall. :P Thanks for the help though sirs!