PDA

View Full Version : Trouble source in my database + finding the best guide

Kestrul
11-14-2009, 12:42 PM
Im currently following the pdf Everquest emulator guide by Techguy84. Its dated as 2007, but its the 3rd one iv tryed now, and seems the best so far. Until now.

Iv kind of hit a wall at the point where im instructed to type: "cod\peq_db" into the command prompt.
When I do this i returned the message "system cannot find specified path"

Thinking this maybe a file directory thing iv tryed typing this: "c:\peq_db" and returned the message:" "c:\peq_db' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Iv already poured many hours into this, but Im a real novice at this kind of thing so any help would be most greatfully recivied.

Im running this on Vista home basic x64.
Please try to avoid using too much tech jargon if you respond, I really am an uter laymen.

Failing any possable help with the problem above, could someone be kind enough to point me toward the most recent (and workable) guide to setting up EqEmu. Finding a usable one that isnt filled with programer jargon and short hand seems near impossable.

Thanks.

joligario
11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
It looks like it is telling you to change directory "cd" into the peq database directory "\peq_db" so the command is most likely "cd \peq_db"

Kestrul
11-14-2009, 01:35 PM
I just tryed typing in "cd\peq_db" instead, and it worked as stated in the guide!
Perhaps the "O" in the type "cod \peq_db" instruction was a type error perhaps?

Well what ever it was, looks like im back in bussiness :)
Thanks a lot for the help Joligario, most kind.