PDA

View Full Version : Compiling Databases

enigma78
09-11-2002, 02:43 AM
Hello :)

First of all, I have to give props to the developers of this fine software. For a project that everyone is saying is pretty dormant, it certainly works alot better than the active everquest emulators out there.

I am a total newbie when it comes to emulators, I first started looking around for one a couple of days ago, and settled on EqEmu yesterday. I think it is fantastic. It was a breeze to setup and it runs pretty much trouble free.

So now I get to the point where I want to create my world, I have done numerous searches for databases but I am unable to find any (other than the ones here of course). Is there a way to convert programs like eqcollectors data into mysql files in order to add to my current database? My main problem is at the moment, I have lots of multiple spawns, merchants don't have items (if someone can show me how to fix that I would greatly appreciate it, I don't have alot of experience but I do learn quick.) some zones are a little screwed, like the zone points as you zone in there, and unable to use the #goto function (cazicthule as an example) I would also love to get some Yttrium gear in the game too. I am willing to do the work, if only I knew what to do, so if one of you kind people could lend me some words of wisdom I would greatly appreciate it :)

Cheers :)

DuDeMaN
09-11-2002, 04:13 AM
i believe there is ytterium stuff in there, but ya gotta source the items.sql file to your db.sql also....but as for the conversion stuff, i dono :P

enigma78
09-11-2002, 04:22 AM
Well, I sourced the items.sql all fine and good. I even got the items I wanted to summon to come up in the eqadmin tool, but, when it came time to summon those items in game (heavy yttrium chestplate, y studded l/boots etc) it said the items cannot be found. I'm an easy going girl, but, those items are pretty damn nice heh so yeah I was just wanting those in particular. Maybe I got the item numbers wrong, I am pretty sure I didn't though but I am going to go double check now.

Thanks for the response :)

Lurker_005
09-11-2002, 01:02 PM
Just a couple of notes,
- merchants are broken in the 3.6 release :( I think loot items might be also.
- Items not meant for 3.6 will not work, the item structure changed.
- The admin tool gets broken each time the data structures change :/ Till someone fixes things. (also see above) Edit: I see windcatcher released a 3.6 compatable version :)
- The DB I released fo 3.5 is data converted from eqcollector, not complete yet though. It also had some other things with it to boot.

enigma78
09-12-2002, 06:26 AM
Thankyou for the response Lurker. Ok so should I wait for merchants to be fixed in the next release, or should I go back to 3.5 or something? Oooor is there some way for me to fix the merchants by myself? Not being a coder really I guess that is probably a crazy question LOL But, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated :)

Lurker_005
09-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Best suggestion, deal with it for the time being. you can't go back to 3.5 unless you backed up your everquest files from then, verant patches were the reason for the 3.6 release, and why merchants are broken.

The Dev's will fix it for the next release.

enigma78
09-14-2002, 03:19 AM
Ok, thanks alot for the info Lurker, I look forward to the next release :)